Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this dude's been out of work since August, and I know of a place that's hiring which would be a perfect match for him. I even know a chick who works in HR but this dude barely returns my calls/emails. WTF is that?

he says he's turbo depressed, but WTF??

fucking werd...

- Car Key Boi :confused:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Beats having him respond, get the job, and bomb. ;)

The depression could do it - one of my friends struggles with depression, and when she's in a down spin, she could be dying of thirst and not be able to motivate herself to take the glass of water you were offering.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
can't help those who won't help themselves, ckb...that's why i would never do that. i think a person appreciates more what they gain on their own...plus, if this guy is truly marketable, he wouldn't have been out of a job this long. leave him...he's a loser.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DeuceDiva said:
if this guy is truly marketable, he wouldn't have been out of a job this long. leave him...he's a loser.
he is marketable, but it's not his fault that he's been out of work for so long, at least not till now

he's in IT, Bay Area

need i say anymore?

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Bah. I tried helping my friend get a job once... and I'll never bother doing that again. It's best to just let them do it on their own.

Depression is nothing but a sorry ass excuse... there's not even such a condition as "depression".

·
Registered
4,910 Posts

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Car Key Boi said:
he is marketable, but it's not his fault that he's been out of work for so long, at least not till now

he's in IT, Bay Area

need i say anymore?
oy! no, ckb...i completely understand. :sad:

·
Banned
986 Posts
In my junior year I tried to get my friend Lisa a job after school where I was working because she was always complaning about being broke. I got her the application and even told my shift supervisor that she was looking for a job and that she would be awesome working with us. Well she sat on her lazy butt and never filled out the application. :( My shift supervisor asked me 3 times when she was coming in with the app and I was totally embarassed. :eek: I learned that day that you can't do stuff like that for ppl. They've gotta want it for thmselves.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
Yeaf, San-Fran area is AFAIK hit very hard with this crisis, almost like my area. And it is not going to get any better for at least another couple of years. Especially after this war and big inflation leap that that follows.

I though agree that some people like getting things on their own. On the other hand, if a person doesn't embrace your helping efforts, it probably means that either he is not really desperate, or that being laid off for so long resulted in him finding some new mental equilibrium, which he might be afraid to break.

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
Originally Posted by Leena

Depression is nothing but a sorry ass excuse... there's not even such a condition as "depression".
For someone who is supposed to be so "intelligent," that is an unbelievably naive and ignorant comment.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
To be honest, I am more for getting people fired and all, like when I kicked Neely out of my show. The only hit that comes out of a Helen Lawson show is Helen Lawson, and that's me, baby, remember?

The exception is when the person is not threat to me. For instance, after Tony lost his contract and went to the sanitarium and Jennifer was set to do her "nudies" and "art films" in France to pay the bill, I pulled some strings to get her a decent acting job off-Broadway. I had forgiven her for telling Neely that I was an old witch that ought to be boiled in oil after I kicked Neely out of my show and my agent conned Neely into breaking HER contract to leave! The part I got for Jennifer did not require much talent, which was good because Jennifer really does not have any. Anyway, when I offered it to Jennifer, she told me all she had was a body, and all she knew how to do was take off her clothes, so she elected to stick with her "art films" and "nudies." After all that trouble, I never tried to help her again! Good riddance!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
For instance, after Tony lost his contract and went to the sanitarium and Jennifer was set to do her "nudies" and "art films" in France to pay the bill, I pulled some strings to get her a decent acting job off-Broadway. I had forgiven her for telling Neely that I was an old witch that ought to be boiled in oil after I kicked Neely out of my show and my agent conned Neely into breaking HER contract to leave! The part I got for Jennifer did not require much talent, which was good because Jennifer really does not have any. Anyway, when I offered it to Jennifer, she told me all she had was a body, and all she knew how to do was take off her clothes, so she elected to stick with her "art films" and "nudies." After all that trouble, I never tried to help her again! Good riddance!
Was it in mid-90s when Jennifer was not playing tennis? Any names of those "art-films"?

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I was talking about Jennifer North, who once did a show with me. Needless to say, she was no threat to me being the only hit that comes out of my show, so I did not kick her out of my show, like I did to Neely. Truth be told, Jennifer was right. All she had was a body and all she knew how to do was take off her clothes. It is a good thing she kept up with her bust exercises like her mother told her.

Sadly, after doing a lot of "nudies" and "art films" in France, Jennifer was facing breast surgery for cancer, which meant no more "nudies" or "art films" because she would not have any breasts after the surgery. Anne Welles and Lyon told Jennifer not to worry about not having any breasts and losing her career and not being able to support Tony, her husband, at the sanitarium and potentially having terminal cancer, because she could come stay with Anne and Lyon at the beach. Well, I guess the beach offer was not enough to pull Jennifer out of her doldrums, and she instead overdosed on the blue ones. They said it was accidental, but Neely told me it was not.

All of Jennifer's "nudies" and "art films" were in French, and I do not speak French, so I do not know the title.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Leena said:
Bah. I tried helping my friend get a job once... and I'll never bother doing that again. It's best to just let them do it on their own.

I' ve got an interrogation Leena, can you be " kind " sometimes ?

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Well as someone who has suffered depression (If your partner and child dying, doesn't depress you immidiately, it will one day) and has worked with people on a professional basis who have also suffered depression, it is an immature and naive comment, but i have come to expect no less, so i am hardly surprised. But that's another topic..........

As to CKB's friend, does he suffer Agoraphobia? Does he fear being around people? If he is depressed, then maybe he should get help?

As DeuceDiva says, sometimes if a person achieves something themselves, it can help them a great deal knowing they did it with no help. The best you can do is support them.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
depression is in fact very real...and very debilitating. there are a host of things that bring it on, and whether we know the depressed or not, there is a certain amount of empathy that's needed because there for the grace of G-d goes you. depression, untreated, is a gradual killer...and the worst kind of death is a slow one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts