Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the German commentators again. :(
And instead of live action, I was wacthing the delayed matches of Schüttler and Kiefer!!! :fiery:
On top of everything, the quality of picture is going from bad to unrecognizable. :mad:
This sucks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
British Eurosport is ok when we get it - they're also covering athletics. picture is good though and they showed the stevenson match earlier. luckily i've got sky so have a choice of 5 matches:):):)

·
26,933 Posts
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=84682 ;) I also have the German thing (not surprising as I'm in Germany)

It's just terrible, at least it was today. Just 2 live-matches which were both total thrashings and pretty boring. And instead of showing something like Loit vs. Stevenson LIVE (probably low quality but least some DRAMA), we get re-plays of Schüttler :rolleyes: and then Kiefer :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Pathetic !

And it's sad because yesterday I was really pleased with the coverage. Verkerk vs. Bogomolov (real thriller) until after 3 AM.

I hope it's better again tomorrow. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
sorry if I am wrong but didn't someone post at some other tournament that you can sometimes find the right sound to go with the picture on Eurosport if you look through the other audio channels till you find the right one?

·
26,933 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post.
The court sound is fine, it's only the COMMENTARY that is ahead of everything else so you already know how the point will end before you see it. :(

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The trouble is, "Eurosport International" seems to be converted to German Eurosport for the US Open coverage. So we get all the german favourites time-delayed, instead of better matches live. And since the English language commentary is based on what British Eurosport is showing, it is unrelated to the pictures on the "International" service.

So much for a Europe-wide sport service - and for some reason it only seems to affect the Grand Slam tennis.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
ive complained about the commentary to them cause come on, on the first day they show the barna match, on the second schüttler and today some other german will probably be shown. it's bad enough that our national tv channels only bring the belgian matches so id wish they had some more variety on eurosport. i dont mind german commentary but the british one is waaaay better and much more fun to listen to. anyway, this is the repy i got back and it doesnt look like it's about to change :(

Thanks for the e-mail.

We have had a number of similar complaints about this, however it is all to do with market share.

Astra essentially caters for the German market. Therefore, from now on there will be German windows covering big events - in German. There will also be coverage in English, but to a lesser degree.

Otherwise I recommend that you sign up for British Eurosport, available through SKY.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
We can see here the US Open the whole day at RTL5! :D Eurosport just shows a few matches par day... because of the atletic world champions

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Russian Eurosport shows only live matches, but can't show evening Arthur Ashe session, we only get it on the next day...They showed Sharapova's & Dementieva's matches ;) (but no Kafelnikov) :D

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Well hopefully they have a heart for the swiss viewers today....

But I wouldn't be surprised if they show Anca again .... (just as well Roger made it's name so far so I'm pretty sure they show his match even when delayed - thanks to the atletics who is shown on every national channel anyways.... Eurosport should have been smarter ...)

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
I wish I could see Roger's match...But I doubt my Eurosport will show it :(

·
26,933 Posts
Well, good news: German players suck ! ;)

Most are out already. You can expect to see a lot of Schüttler the next days though.

Barna vs. Kirilenko is on Court 8, so no cameras.
But Nalbandian vs. Kohlschreiber is on Court 10, so expect that one.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Eurosport France shows all the French players they can, but for now, they prefer to show the Athletics WC in paris

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Come on, there's German Eurosport, why do they have to take over Eurosport International? :fiery:
This seriously sucks, now I just have to hope the German players lose early. :rolleyes:
It's a shame because I actually like them...

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
For once I wouldn't mind if Kohlschreiber wins ;)

Still I doub't they show this match as it's at almost the same time than Rogers....

...but guess I might just be hoping for too much ;)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Lady said:
Russian Eurosport shows only live matches, but can't show evening Arthur Ashe session, we only get it on the next day...They showed Sharapova's & Dementieva's matches ;) (but no Kafelnikov) :D

What did the Russian commentator tell about Justine (in the last two tournaments she defeated 7 Russians) ?

Isn't she very unpopular in Russia ?

In Belgium Venus and Serena are VERY unpopular (one of the reasons is that they keep beating Justine and Kim at the slams).

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
i dont think venus and serena are unpopular here, i know lots of people who like them actually. it's just our biased journalists who cant stand them.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts