Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They promise live coverage of the WTA Dubai event, but all I get today is 1 hour of Kanepi defeating Vesina, 1/2 on Vera's match... and that's it. None on Venus - Dementieva match. Instead they're showing.... cycling. A REPEAT THAT IS.

Worse of all, Serena - Ana's match would also NOT be televised.

Thanks for the (almost non-existant) coverage, Eurosport! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Yeah the Eurosport coverage sucks big time :eek: But luckily there is a livestream for the macthes so it is not that bad.

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
its been on here all day from 6 hrs ago

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
You are not missing anything if you want to watch the Venus - Dementieva match . The quality is poor
Speak for yourself. The rally at 3-3 0/15 on Dementieva' serve was great.
And I'm really enjoying Venus' superb serving today. That 208 kmh serve even though it was out... :eek: :worship:

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts
British Europort has shown the whole tournament :scratch:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
ES France coverage has been great so far this year (including Dubai) but not today!!

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
British Europort has shown the whole tournament :scratch:
French ES didn't. They stopped in the middle of Razzano/Zvonareva match.

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
Speak for yourself. The rally at 3-3 0/15 on Dementieva' serve was great.
And I'm really enjoying Venus' superb serving today. That 208 kmh serve even though it was out... :eek: :worship:

I don't know what match is good when one of the players have hit 7 winners and 18 Unforced Errors in 2 sets

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
I don't know what match is good when one of the players have hit 7 winners and 18 Unforced Errors in 2 sets
8 winners :p

19 UEs in 18 games = 1 UE per game = pretty normal stats when two hardhitters play :shrug:

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
8 winners :p

19 UEs in 18 games = 1 UE per game = pretty normal stats when two hardhitters play :shrug:
8 winners and 19 Unforced errors :eek: . Not mention to Venus throwing like 30 balls long or open

To dance a tango you need two dancers

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Did anyone see the bit in the Zvonereva/Razzano match when they accidentally switched David Mercer and Annabelle Croft's microphones onto the PA - in the middle of a game!! It put Vera off!

I heard they say they were leaving the tennis for the Nordic skiing for Eurosport viewers (I'm a Brit too- thankfully!) and thought what a bum deal it was.

Eurosport appear to be involved in the running of the event. David Mercer introduces the players, Annabelle Croft is interviewing the players oncourt and they are always going on about the wonderful event, the beautiful stadium, what lovely people the organisers are. It's such a sell out! Not once have they mentioned the Peer situation. It was mentioned in the commentary at the Paris Indoor finals, but during this week, not a note of criticism of anything - even the lousy ballboys!!

Reactions: schorsch

·
Registered
31,977 Posts
French ES didn't. They stopped in the middle of Razzano/Zvonareva match.
They didn´t think Razzano could do it, so they quit while being ahead. :p

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
They promise live coverage of the WTA Dubai event, but all I get today is 1 hour of Kanepi defeating Vesina, 1/2 on Vera's match... and that's it. None on Venus - Dementieva match. Instead they're showing.... cycling. A REPEAT THAT IS.

Worse of all, Serena - Ana's match would also NOT be televised.

Thanks for the (almost non-existant) coverage, Eurosport! :rolleyes:
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I was thinking of dropping my cable and purchasing Dish Network in order to get Eurosport. I guess WTA fans just can't catch a break.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts