Tennis Forum banner

381 - 400 of 507 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,349 Posts
My French cousin used to commute for work from Paris to Poitiers by a high-speed train. When I told her it must be awesome to travel to work by TGV, she replied 'You'll be disappointed, it's like travelling fast in a crowded tram. No leg room, no head room, no bum room' :eek:h:
Busy schedule of a short line I guess. Each time I took the TGV, people were peacefully working on their laptops as if they were at home. :eek:h:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Around 28% recycling for Spain. Serbia under 10%.

Spain is doing a damn sight better than Serbia or Russia. ;)
:haha:

What a funny ratio to drum about... If you want to find out who is going to drown in garbage first, look at the waste in kg per person LEFT UN-RECYCLED. And then multiply that by the DENSITY of population of each country. Enjoy your findings

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Busy schedule of a short line I guess. Each time I took the TGV, people were peacefully working on their laptops as if they were at home. :eek:h:
Nice to hear :) Actually, the possibility of working on a laptop is IMO one of the biggest recent advantages of travelling by train.

Needless to say that the sound of the train rolling on the tracks may lead to the creation of some great piano music such as Dvorak's Humoresque No. 7 :eek:h:

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Germans uniformally complain about anything in the country, usually this is includes their amazing rail network, so no they probably don’t agree. Not sure how they have the nerve given how expensive and nonexistent rail travel is in the Americas and Australia. Subtle German problems :eek:h:

(Cue angry German posters with the usual self-loathing essays about how wrong I am)
Unfortunately, the German system is not without some serious problems, as reflected e.g. in that big ICE disaster in 1998 with 100 people killed and another 100 injured or the recent crash in Bavaria (12 dead, 85 injured).

Another very dangerous problem (not necessarily the German one) are collisions between lorries/trucks and trains at railway crossings.

Every day, there are thousands of trucks on the road across Europe, transporting goods, spare parts or materials, and very often they have to cross a railway track.

And as truck drivers often drive across several countries, they're often in the position of foreigners not familiar with the local traffic situation or specifics and may even overlook a crucial traffic sign.

In my country we've had several such incidents lately (even with fatalities) and in all cases the truck drivers were foreigners :frown2:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Encouraging, that people do not support the worldwide villain. Except polish bootlicker...

·
Premium Member
39,349 Posts
Pretty sure Russia would never start it. And Trump would be removed for only getting started. US people don't share his fantasies. :)

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #391

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Lovely how US is a 'worldwide villain' to you while you have no problem with an authoritarian regime that attacks its peaceful European neighbors :tape:
Both countries are geopolitical bullies who deserve nothing but condemnation. Poland in that regard is no better than Slovakia. The only winner here is the neither option, the rest doesn't even matter.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
10,518 Posts

First Jozef Tiso, then this Slovakia? :unsure:
Well, the rumour has it that Slovakia is de facto still in war with the United States since 1940s :eek:h:

Also, if I'm not mistaken: when Germany attacked Poland in September 1939, Slovaks were the Nazis' only ally ;)

381 - 400 of 507 Posts