Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
Gay marriage question aside, they look like probing/leading questions that don't look like they're asking the 'real' questions.

Obviously the culture question is Islam related as what other non-European culture is at the forefront of European discourse ATM? Japanese? :eek:h: If they'd simply asked 'Do you think your culture is superior to Islamic culture?' I doubt even the Swedes would say 26% yes :lol:.
a lot of people don't tell the truth for many reasons

just like the polls "are you going to vote of trump" before the elections and it seems people lied, shocking that people lie on polls...

It's easy to check whether one culture is superior than the other but most of europe and posters in this forum are "progressive liberals" who think that all cultures are equal which is not true but shhhh shhhh its racist and not PC to say it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
% of young adults that oppose to gay marriage: Georgia (95%) and Armenia (95%). No words.
% of people who would accept a muslim relative: Georgia (17%) and Armenia (7%). Sad.
% of people who believe their culture is better than others: Georgia (85%) and Armenia (74%). No words.
1-gay marriage - gay marriage or gays in general are not so open and common there so my guess is that they don't accept it because the country is Mountains, old villages and scattered not urban and mixed

2-accept a muslim relative - can't say im shocked

3-believe their culture is better than others - i think each person think his culture are better then others. who think his culture is less?

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
Did you ever think each culture could be equally respectable?

If only to start to be knowledgeable about it
if they were equal then yes

i see the Japanese and Chinese culture are almost equal.

i dont see all cultures as equals

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
But do you really know these cultures. You cannot really know them if you don't live them.
You can say that about everything that we share our opinion.

I measure cultures in numbers, ideas, adaptation, contributions etc etc.

Cold numbers and facts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i see the Japanese and Chinese culture are almost equal.
They are completely different cultures. This is like saying Arab and Jewish cultures are almost equal.

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
They are completely different cultures. This is like saying Arab and Jewish cultures are almost equal.
i know they are different, they are still equal to me.

hows that a contradiction?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i know they are different, they are still equal to me.

hows that a contradiction?
Sorry if I sound rude, but this means your knowledge of them is so limited that you probably shouldn't say much on the issue.

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
Sorry if I sound rude, but this means your knowledge of them is so limited that you probably shouldn't say much on the issue.
it does sound rude, i traveled to asia and been to china. have you?

the fact that two cultures are different doesnt mean they are not equal and I measure them throughout history not by the last fifty years. There is no doubt that the Japanese are superior to the Chinese if we take the last 50-100 years.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
it does sound rude, i traveled to asia and been to china. have you?

the fact that two cultures are different doesnt mean they are not equal and I measure them throughout history not by the last fifty years. There is no doubt that the Japanese are superior to the Chinese if we take the last 50-100 years.
I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you mean by different but not equal.

But anyway, saying that they are equal can get a lot of people offended, I can tell you that.

·
Premium Member
39,006 Posts
You can say that about everything that we share our opinion.

I measure cultures in numbers, ideas, adaptation, contributions etc etc.

Cold numbers and facts
So that's a collection of flaws.

1) Cold numbers and facts don't make understand cultures

2) Understanding other cultures makes you aware yours isn't necessarily superior (if you understand that everyone considers his own superior for living it, as a citizen or a patriot)

3) Understanding different cultures may add new criteria to consider what's superior or not, or possibly make delete the word "superior" itself from the vocabulary. :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
39,006 Posts

This coincides with the most atheist countries of Europe. Muslims must be too religious for their liking. Muslims may be not interested to live there either. They would struggle to acclimatize. :eek:h:

But who knows, in the next century, with the global warming... :eek:h:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Gay marriage question aside, they look like probing/leading questions that don't look like they're asking the 'real' questions.

Obviously the culture question is Islam related as what other non-European culture is at the forefront of European discourse ATM? Japanese? :eek:h: If they'd simply asked 'Do you think your culture is superior to Islamic culture?' I doubt even the Swedes would say 26% yes :lol:.
probing/leading question? "Do you think your culture is superior to Islamic culture?" is a probing/leading question. :rolleyes:

Thinking your culture is superior means thinking it is superior to any other not just a specific or specific ones.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts

This coincides with the most atheist countries of Europe. Muslims must be too religious for their liking. Muslims may be not interested to live there either. They would struggle to acclimatize. :eek:h:

But who knows, in the next century, with the global warming... :eek:h:
I thought the super-atheist Czechia would be easily No. 1 until I saw Armenia :lol:

I occasionally visit a fast-food run by Armenians and they have proudly hanged up a poster with Armenian countryside inside the restaurant and the poster features a big Christian Church with some mountains and a few commie blocks in the background.

Some even claim Armenia is the world's oldest Christian country, having officially embraced this religion in 301 AD :drive:

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
89% of Greeks thinking their culture is superior to others :spit: I can only really understand Norwegians thinking that :eek:h:
I love me some Norway, but in what universe is Norwegian 'culture' superior to other cultures?

Throughout history, the country was in unions with Denmark and Sweden, who had the upper hand in the relationship and Danish was for long the main language of the elite.

If I'm not mistaken the modern Norwegian language is actually based on Danish and (some) German with a few twists reflecting the local folklore and nature.

BTW, the first university in the country was not founded until 1811, i.e. one of the last in Europe (just a few for comparison: Bologna 1088, Oxford 1096, Paris 1150) and the Protestant Reformation came from Germany.

Norway is no doubt a beautiful and very successful country, but it's also relatively small and sparsely populated and has been mostly a recipient and under the influence of other cultures.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the modern Norwegian language is actually based on Danish and (some) German with a few twists reflecting the local folklore and nature.
Nope

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
So that's a collection of flaws.

1) Cold numbers and facts don't make understand cultures

2) Understanding other cultures makes you aware yours isn't necessarily superior (if you understand that everyone considers his own superior for living it, as a citizen or a patriot)

3) Understanding different cultures may add new criteria to consider what's superior or not, or possibly make delete the word "superior" itself from the vocabulary. :eek:h:
1- i did not say in my post only numbers, why ijnore the rest and focus on one from the 4 i mention?

2- people often think their culture is superior just like most people think they are good drives, deep inside people know the truth.

3- some are superior then others, i kinda feel its getting into the PC zone, i find csome cultures as superior then others you can say you dont think one culture is superior we can disagree and debate my reasons and your reasons.
superior - above/higher or more important.

21 - 40 of 507 Posts