Tennis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 507 Posts

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,547 Posts
Makes you wonder why the USA doesn't make more use of solar energy.
Because natural gas & oil generates more money to its providers? :lol: Actually California has the biggest solar energy supply in the US.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Makes you wonder why the USA doesn't make more use of solar energy.
For one simple reason. If taken in complex with required storage (for nights and cloudy conditions) it is uneconomic without subsidies.
And subsidies come from extra-taxes on traditional energy sources. Now, if you replace oil/gas/coal/nuclear with more solar... where will the subsidies come from?
Solve this and you will have much more solar/wind/bio/whatever green toys you fancy...

·
Premium Member
38,664 Posts
Well, I physically lived in the north and south of France (clear blue and orange red) and do think these graphics make things too contrasted. There's certainly a difference (much more rain and clouds in the north) but it doesn't affect that much your way of life. You adjust.

Truth is, each time it rains over here (in the south) I'm reminded of the north. :eek:h:

Also, the amount of sunshine doesn't necessarily tell a lot about temperature ; for instance, one of the most sunny cities of France is also one of the coldest (Aurillac in Auvergne). The sweetest corners of France are mildly cloudy. In the place I live in, summer is too hot and winter too cold, that's not perfect, but that's nothing compared to New York...

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
i know it is not a map, but interesting

for all those who think Berlin is a amazing city :eek:h:

Shithole Berlin is the only capital in the world except for Harare which does contribute LESS to GDP in average as a capital.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
That's a question of drinking preferences. There are 3 different kinds. Romance countries are the wine belt, central Europe is the beer belt and Eastern Europe is the vodka belt. Each leading by a margin in the respective categories.

·
Premium Member
38,664 Posts
Germany's decentralization - regarding Berlin to the least - rather looks admirable to me. Being acquainted with the nationalist trolls of this place only completes the picture. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
38,664 Posts
We have so much meat-based dishes in France, it's cultural. We're the kings of garnish sauces. It'll be hard to leave such a world of taste for another... but not impossible, especially if necessary on survival purposes. I guess we'll all be dead before that ever happens. Oh, and needless to say wine goes accordingly! :lol:

The French is difficult with quality food, too (though that decreased dramatically over time)

301 - 320 of 507 Posts