Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Those numbers on gay marriage aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, pleasantly surprised actually. The numbers on accepting muslims as members of the family is disappointing, especially in the UK and Germany :help:

89% of Greeks thinking their culture is superior to others :spit: I can only really understand Norwegians thinking that :eek:h:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Those numbers on gay marriage aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, pleasantly surprised actually. The numbers on accepting muslims as members of the family is disappointing, especially in the UK and Germany :help:

89% of Greeks thinking their culture is superior to others :spit: I can only really understand Norwegians thinking that :eek:h:
What's strange with that? Greek culture is one with the longest lasting continuity & writing next to Chinese, their culture is the source and foundation of many others, the science & democracy are Greek concepts. Are you a cave dweller? :confused: They actually have every right to feel at least slightly superior as far as their cultural heritage & influence is concerned. By no means I do advocate though xenophoby & violence performed in the name of it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Why? I think it's not that wise to compare cultures, but by some conventional standards Greeks have undoubtedly superior culture to most others.

Norwegians seem to be very proud people too I've noticed. Swedes with 26% are total cucks as expected. They've conquered all the surrounding countries, but think they are the least superior. That's the product of government policies accommodating immigrants in that country. Although I must admit the immigrant cultures from Middle-East and Asia are just so much more vibrant than whatever they had going on in Sweden before the immigration happened :grin2: So I guess Swedes got a new perspective about culture and realized that their customs aren't as significant as the ones from the east. However, I must admit that might be down to just some kind of cultural evolution, in other words, just giving less fks about some silly traditions made by people that didn't have smartphones and the internet. >:)

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Swedes have this though :grin2:

Now compare it to something like this....

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
My favorite one :x

Percentage of people in various European countries who said: "I don't believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force." (2010)
This map looks skewed. France certainly isn't nr1. There are much more less religious countries in Europe like Czechia, Sweden or Estonia.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That is a terrible map. It'd be much easier to read if they put the percentages directly on the countries like in OP's maps. I've also read multiple times Estonia is over 50% irreligious.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I thought people were more religious in South America and South Africa (rest of Africa is missing) were pastors are making a killing with their sheepling giving monthly tithes, other donations and buying holy tinglets. Especially Roman Catholicism, Protestantism and Zionist churches, while similar churches in Europe, were the missionaries came from are empty or living museums. Does the grey represent 'no data' or 0%

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
No data for sure. God is big in Africa

·
Registered
21,450 Posts
% of young adults that oppose to gay marriage: Georgia (95%) and Armenia (95%). No words.
% of people who would accept a muslim relative: Georgia (17%) and Armenia (7%). Sad.
% of people who believe their culture is better than others: Georgia (85%) and Armenia (74%). No words.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
% of young adults that oppose to gay marriage: Georgia (95%) and Armenia (95%). No words.
% of people who would accept a muslim relative: Georgia (17%) and Armenia (7%). Sad.
% of people who believe their culture is better than others: Georgia (85%) and Armenia (74%). No words.
Armenians first association with Muslims is Turks. Turkish people are responsible for Armenian Genocide - 1,5 million of people.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Armenians first association with Muslims is Turks. Turkish people are responsible for Armenian Genocide - 1,5 million of people.
I suppose so. But what's the deal with Georgian?
OOT: men with armenian/georgian blood that i've met in real life are uber hot. Too bad :eek:h:

·
Trainwreck
58,078 Posts
Gay marriage question aside, they look like probing/leading questions that don't look like they're asking the 'real' questions.

Obviously the culture question is Islam related as what other non-European culture is at the forefront of European discourse ATM? Japanese? :eek:h: If they'd simply asked 'Do you think your culture is superior to Islamic culture?' I doubt even the Swedes would say 26% yes :lol:.

1 - 20 of 507 Posts