Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. I'm a big basketball fan, and there was meant to be a tourney (under 20's) in Malaysia when I'm in Europe. I just found out today that it's been moved to Greece (Thessaloniki) when I'm going to be in Europe. Does anyone know any way I can fly from Amsterdam to Athens? (preferably cheaply). I tried Easyjet, but I can't fly from Amsterdam to Athens with them... nor with FlyBE! I'm assuming KLM will be expensive, but I'm about to check them. Any others I could try?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
inkyfan said:
I have a problem. I'm a big basketball fan, and there was meant to be a tourney (under 20's) in Malaysia when I'm in Europe. I just found out today that it's been moved to Greece (Thessaloniki) when I'm going to be in Europe. Does anyone know any way I can fly from Amsterdam to Athens? (preferably cheaply). I tried Easyjet, but I can't fly from Amsterdam to Athens with them... nor with FlyBE! I'm assuming KLM will be expensive, but I'm about to check them. Any others I could try?
marri must know something about european flights:p

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yes, but I think Marri is in bed right now! ;)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
inkyfan said:
lol yes, but I think Marri is in bed right now! ;)
lol yeah, of course, she has to work in the morning:p

i think u can wait a little longer. or try and search on google

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I don't think Ryanair go to Greece, but I'll have a look thanks! :D I was right about KLM! So expensive! :eek: 364 euro return to Thessaloniki! :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
inkyfan said:
you can try Virgin express (virgin.co.uk), but they don't have a direct connection from Amsterdam to Athens. There's a connection from Brussels to Athens though (Amsterdam - Brussels is 250 & easy to do by hitchhiking or by train).

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JPV said:
you can try Virgin express (virgin.co.uk), but they don't have a direct connection from Amsterdam to Athens. There's a connection from Brussels to Athens though (Amsterdam - Brussels is 250 & easy to do by hitchhiking or by train).
:eek: hitchhiking? You have to be joking right? There is no way in hell I'd hitchhike by myself. I'd cath the train... that's no problem... but 250 Euro to fly from Amsterdam-Brussels? I s that what you meant??? That seems alot!

·
Registered
350 Posts
inkyfan said:
:eek: hitchhiking? You have to be joking right? There is no way in hell I'd hitchhike by myself. I'd cath the train... that's no problem... but 250 Euro to fly from Amsterdam-Brussels? I s that what you meant??? That seems alot!
sorry, forgot the "km" (so 180 miles, 250 km).
By train it takes about 2 & a half hours to get from Amsterdam to brussels (direct connection, add 15 minutes to take the train to brussels national airport).

Hitchhiking is pretty safe here, Inkyfan... unless you're a girl & you hitchhike at night, chances are very slim you'd get into troubles... (check Lonely Planet)

Usefull sites:
www.nmbs.be (Belgium railroad company)
www.ns.nl (Dutch railroad company)
www.schiphol.nl (Amsterdam airport)
www.brusselsairport.be (Brussels national airport)

maybe a German airport may help you too... f.e. Dusseldorf.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JPV said:
sorry, forgot the "km" (so 180 miles, 250 km).
By train it takes about 2 & a half hours to get from Amsterdam to brussels (direct connection, add 15 minutes to take the train to brussels national airport).

Hitchhiking is pretty safe here, Inkyfan... unless you're a girl & you hitchhike at night, chances are very slim you'd get into troubles... (check Lonely Planet)

Usefull sites:
www.nmbs.be (Belgium railroad company)
www.ns.nl (Dutch railroad company)
www.schiphol.nl (Amsterdam airport)
www.brusselsairport.be (Brussels national airport)

maybe a German airport may help you too... f.e. Dusseldorf.
ehh I AM a girl, and I wouldn't hitchhike anywhere by myself...day or night! :eek: Besides, I have a train pass for 21 days that I can use in 17 countries! :D I've been to Holland and Belgium before! :D I think Germany might be a little too far to travel by train if I then have to catch a plane to Athens and train to Thessaloniki...unless there is a flight from Germany to Thess direct (but I already tried Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich airports - I even looked at Maastricht-Aachen airport!) :sad:

lol Mel, I already looked on the Schiphol site... and yeah...234 is a bit expensive, but it might have to do! :eek: Can't believe I might be going to Greece! Why can't some airline have a special then for under 200 euro return? ;)

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
You welcome :p
I could have told you all this too, but other posters beat me to it :p :angel:

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hehe oh well... I'm still trying to figure out where Mel saw the 234 euros fares...coz I can't find them!

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
  • A Joni Mitchell lyric for the Dutch Obsessed Girlie:
Maybe I'll go to Amsterdam
Or maybe I'll go to Rome
And rent me a grand piano and put some flowers 'round my room
But let's not talk about fare-thee-welIs now
The night is a starry dome.
And they're playin' that scratchy rock and roll
Beneath the Matalla Moon

Come on, Carey, get out your cane
And I'll put on some silver
You're a mean old Daddy, but I like you
  • (And congragulations to Michaela Krajicek on another big Jr. title)!
;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts