Discussion Starter #1
Details
- Dates: 4-7 May- Venue: Smash Tennis Academy, Cairo, Egypt
- Daily start time: 10:00
- Surface: Outdoor clay
- Ball: Dunlop Fort

Format
- Round-robin: Seven nations in two pools
Promotion: Top nation in each pool plays off against runner-up in other pool, with two winning nations promoted to Europe/Africa Zone Group I for 2012-
Relegation: Third place nation in each pool plays off against fourth place nation in other pool, with two losing nations relegated to Europe/Africa Zone Group III for 2012

NOMINATIONS
- Armenia: Ani Amiraghyan, Ofelya Poghosyan, Nune Khachatryan, Anna Movsisyan (playing captain)
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Jasmina Tinjic, Mervana Jugic Salkic, Jasmina Kajtazovic, Ema Burgic, Sonja Kovac (captain)
- Finland: Emma Laine, Piia Suomalainen, Heini Salonen, Ella Leivo, Katriina Saarinen (captain)
- Georgia: Anna Tatishvili, Sofia Shapatava, Tatia Mikadze, Ekaterina Gordodze, Lali Zerekidze (captain)
- Morocco: Fatima El Allami, Nadia Lalami, Lina Bennani, Habiba Ifrakh, Tahiri Mehdi (captain)
- Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joao Koehler, Magali de Lattre, Barbara Luz, Pedro Cordeiro (captain)
- Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Senoglu, Ali Gorec (captain)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Re: Europe/Africa zone II 2011

Georgia could be so much better! :eek:

I think the teams that advance will be 2 of Turkey, Portugal, Georgia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts

GL, Bosnia

Jasmina Tinjić
Mervana Jugić Salkić
Jasmina Kajtazović
Ema Burgić

Sanja Kovač (captain)

·
61,962 Posts

Where is Liechtenstein??? In EA Group III ?

·
Registered
17,483 Posts

Liechtenstein withdrew this year from Fed Cup. However I think that with Steffi and Kathinka they could have won some matches. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
23,144 Posts

LMAO, I just hope Michelle finds something that resembles any kind of form :weirdo:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Liechtenstein worked so hard to get here and now they're giving up? :weirdo:

·
Registered
25,364 Posts
Good luck Marrocco :cheer:

·
30,713 Posts
I think Portugal and Bosnia should qualify. This based on the fact MJK and Mervana are the best 2nd players of the group. MLB and Jasmina are also among the best of 1st players.

Georgia has Tatishvili and that's it, Turkey has Cagla. Morroco has a good team but I can't see Fatima and Nadia beating the POR and BIH singles players :shrug: With this said Finland and Armenia should be the relegated nations.

·
Premium Member
66,157 Posts
I think Portugal and Bosnia should qualify. This based on the fact MJK and Mervana are the best 2nd players of the group. MLB and Jasmina are also among the best of 1st players.

Georgia has Tatishvili and that's it, Turkey has Cagla. Morroco has a good team but I can't see Fatima and Nadia beating the POR and BIH singles players :shrug: With this said Finland and Armenia should be the relegated nations.
Koehler's been playing so good though, and from what I saw from Michelle in Dothan, she wasn't playing top 200 tennis so I'd say Koehler is the better player at the moment.

But you're right. We (GEO) have the best team overall, but we don't have a strong #2. :eek:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Georgia has Tatishvili and that's it
But you're right. We (GEO) have the best team overall, but we don't have a strong #2. :eek:
Georgia has Shapatava and Mikadze also in the top 300. Portugal is the only other country to have 2 top 300 players, and no one else has 3. Georgia would be better with Kalashnikova (she sucks in singles atm but she's good in doubles) and Chakhnashvili, but they can do well with who they have now. I think Georgia should qualify, along with Portugal or Bosnia. Turkey has a solid team, but I can't see Buyukakcay beating Larcher de Brito or Tatishvili, and I can't see Ozgen beating Shapatava, Koehler, or Jugic-Salkic :shrug:

·
Registered
335 Posts
good luck Portugal :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
76,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pool A

- Finland: Emma Laine, Piia Suomalainen, Heini Salonen, Ella Leivo, Katriina Saarinen (captain)
- Morocco: Fatima El Allami, Nadia Lalami, Lina Bennani, Habiba Ifrakh, Tahiri Mehdi (captain)
- Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joao Koehler, Magali de Lattre, Barbara Luz, Pedro Cordeiro (captain)

Pool B

- Georgia: Anna Tatishvili, Sofia Shapatava, Tatia Mikadze, Ekaterina Gordodze, Lali Zerekidze (captain)
- Armenia: Ani Amiraghyan, Ofelya Poghosyan, Nune Khachatryan, Anna Movsisyan (playing captain)
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Jasmina Tinjic, Mervana Jugic Salkic, Jasmina Kajtazovic, Ema Burgic, Sonja Kovac (captain)
- Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Senoglu, Ali Gorec (captain)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Portuguese girls :cheer:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts