Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Netherlands 1 1 Great Britain

R1 - HOPMANS (NED) def. O'DONOGHUE (GBR)
4-6 7-6(2) 6-0 :fiery: :sad:

R2 - KEOTHAVONG (GBR) def. OREMANS (NED)
6-4 6-3 :D:D

R3 - BALTACHA / PULLIN (GBR) vs BOOGERT / OREMANS (NED)

Very tough match for the Brits, Jane really blew it, she had plenty of chances in teh second set to seal it i was told.

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Netherlands def Great Britain in doubles 2:0 in sets ( don`t know the score ) :D

Final standing in group D :
1. Hungary - play off
2. Netherlands - play off
3. Poland
4. Great Britain - relegated
5. Ireland - relegated

Congrats to The Netherlands :D

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:sad:

You blew it brits!

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
On a good note the Netherlands go through:p

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
well done Netherlands :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to NOS Teletext:

Boogert/Oremans d. Baltacha/Pullin 63 64

Theiir table shows GB above Poland, but I imagine that is because it is not important to Dutch TV to have the placings of GB and Poland correct.

The reason for relegating 5 teams is to try to reduce Group 1 to 16 teams for next year. Now, if only 3 European nations are relegated after the World Group play-offs (leading to 15 teams in Group 1) will GB be reinstated?

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well done Dutch.

Glad Netherlands got through instead of Poland - no offense but anyone who cheers for Brits to loose I don't ahve time for. Glad we didn't get the set that would have put you through.

Girls you ahd it i your grasp - and you blew it :sad:

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Play-offs:

Switzerland v Netherlands
Israel v Belarus
South Africa v Yugoslavia
Hungary v Ukraine

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
go switzerland! i am happy with that draw. although i think they are all about the same really. i can't see us being knocked out.

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
paul_masterton said:
no offense but anyone who cheers for Brits to loose I don't ahve time for.
LMAO
don`t you remember who was happy when Hungary def. Poland .

Good Luck to:
Netherlands :D
Israel :)
South Africa :D
Hungary :)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yes but we weren't cheering for Poland to loose we were cheering for Hungary to win unlike you!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
paul_masterton said:
well done Dutch.

Glad Netherlands got through instead of Poland - no offense but anyone who cheers for Brits to loose I don't ahve time for. Glad we didn't get the set that would have put you through.

Girls you ahd it i your grasp - and you blew it :sad:
I wasn't cheering for Britain to LOSE, i was simply cheering for the Netherlands to WIN! ;) Im sorry Paul...but I wanted Poland to go through. Oh well. I sure hope that Britain some how does not get relegated to the group, cuz IMO it is kinda unfair that Netherlands gets to go through as they had a bad start and Poland actually beat them. If GBR gets relegated, we all know that they would return to the Group 1 in 2005. Well congrats Britain on getting that set off Netherlands, good luck to Netherlands, I hope they take advantage of their big opportunity. I feel so bad for Poland! :sad:

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Monica_Rules said:
Yes but we weren't cheering for Poland to loose we were cheering for Hungary to win unlike you!:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
There is no difference in my cheering for Holand and in your cheering for Hungary :eek:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts