Tennis Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1628 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Should the goal be to make sure she'll be in AO MD? There's quite a chance for FO QWC, it would be a shame if she won't get it over random French players. But then, she might get Strasbourg WC. After that if Linz won't happen and it's not confirmed yet, it'll be tough for her to get WC for WTA events. Maybe Ostrava because of her Prague run, but since it's Premier event, I'm not sure. There's bunch of 80Ks in US in October and then 100K in November so maybe she will motivate herself and get points there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The wildcard has raised a few eyebrows, but then again Bouchard has
  • current results
  • past results and
  • popularity
in her favour.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Kalinskaya in R1 is not bad at all. Yastremska in R2, I don't see Genie beating her since Dayana played really good in Rome, but you never know with players like her.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was wrong about Yastremska being a tough second round opponent for Bouchard. Yastremska lost to Gavrilova today. Bouchard won her match today and will play her in the next round. Gavrilova is good from behind.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Bouchard with another good win, this time over Gavrilova. Next she plays Swiatek, a nineteen year old who is improving quickly.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow.
Genie looks re-invented, all the way down to the movement, the FH.
A different player if I dare to say so.
She was fearsome 3rd set.

It's scary to get involved with genie again after all the years of debacles, but I cant resist.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Genie's win over Gavrilova was one of the better second round matches, standard wise, excellent competitive tennis by both.
No reason she can't continue on for a couple of more days at least.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just wanted to say I didn't come on the threads after the Swiatek loss, because i thought i'd see to much genie bashing (an old sport) and prior to that match I had never seen Swi.
Wathcing genie lose to her i thought, well, Genie still has a way to go, but Swi struck me as very forceful, steady and tactically strong.
Now her drubbing of halep puts the Genie loss into a different context. Genie actually posted a better score against Swi than halep did.

It must be noted!

1601 - 1620 of 1628 Posts