Tennis Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1628 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
She ended up beating an alternate (Jorovic) in the first round of qualifying. She hit her first double fault of the match on match point. The main draw and the rest of the qualifying draw are quite strong. She probably plays Kung next.

·
Registered
384 Posts
She had a match point in the second set but didn't convert. It took 2:20 to play the first two sets. She won 6-2 in the third. Now she plays unseeded Kovinic in the quarterfinals. Good opportunity to get some much needed points.

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
She might get QWC in Strasbourg, right?
I don’t know but if she plays Strasbourg she can not play French Open qualifying. So I think she may ask a French Open qualifying WC ( surely Tennis Canada will help ).

Next week: She is still in qualifying of ITF Cagnes sur mer ( start Sunday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I don’t know but if she plays Strasbourg she can not play French Open qualifying. So I think she may ask a French Open qualifying WC ( surely Tennis Canada will help ).

Next week: She is still in qualifying of ITF Cagnes sur mer ( start Sunday)

Oh yeah, you're right! I think after this result and being semi-finalist, she has a chance. Wonder if she'll play that ITF, especially if she will reach final. After this week's battles, maybe there's no need of her playing. She already has a lot of matches on clay under her belt.

·
Registered
384 Posts
She plays Tig, ranked 88, next. Bouchard has a chance to come out of nowhere and win her second title. Not bad for someone who needed a wildcard to get into qualifying.

·
Registered
32,071 Posts
She's not in the draw for that ITF next week. Probably means a wildcard is in the works for Strasbourg and/or Roland Garros because there aren't any other tournaments coming up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice comeback to force a finaI set tie-break against Tig. The tie-break was filled with errors on both sides. Too bad she couldn't take advantage. Still a nice end to a great week for Canadian tennis.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
A missed chance for Genie her to add to her Nurnburg Title.

However, if you asked her before the week and said you would get through qualifying, beat the top seed and make the final, and improve you ranking dramatically, she would have taken that.

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
A missed chance for Genie her to add to her Nurnburg Title.

However, if you asked her before the week and said you would get through qualifying, beat the top seed and make the final, and improve you ranking dramatically, she would have taken that.
Yup now the question is what’s next for her ?

1581 - 1600 of 1628 Posts