181,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lucky escape Masha :eek: PHEW

wasted 7 sps in 1st set and got back from 2-4 in 2nd
Masha :bounce:good comeback :angel: :kiss:

·
Registered
29,119 Posts
Maria :lol: that was stressful, good for not giving up though :)
Fichman did really well to bother Maria but when it came closer to actually winning the match she couldn't keep it up.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Makiri :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Maria..Maria,very bad form continues on clay too. She did not impressed today,but thanks god for the win..But I dont see big chances to defend the title..:(

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,478 Posts
I'm being to think this Sharon Fichman has a very good future. She's only 18 and her results this year are very convincing. If this girl qualifies at RG I don't think many players will want to face her.

Maria did well to survive.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Wow, I didn't expect Sharon to battle with Kirilenko for over 3 hrs and 15 minutes. Too bad she couldn't put her away. Still, great tourney for her! :)

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
The 1st set alone lasted more than an hour and a half.

Props to Maria for not giving up!

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
maria :eek: :eek: :scared:
please play better next round :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,625 Posts
Very impressive score for Sharon. Impressive, too bad she couldn't keep it up in the second.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i think this match was a case of maria being shite, but Fichman not being able to do much more than be consistent.

·
Registered
11,453 Posts
Apparently, it was a case of Fichman trying to moonball Maria to death.

·
Registered
29,119 Posts
She wasn't moonballing the whole time she hit some good winners too. But she was frustrating the hell out of Maria, Maria either couldn't handle her shots because they were bouncing really high or Fichman was getting a lot of balls back and Maria was missing because she had to hit an extra ball.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Too bad for Sharon. If she had got an easier draw, she could have gone much farther in the tournament. But great effort and very promising.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts