Tennis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Grouped with Serbia, Israel and Bulgaria.

·
Registered
50,580 Posts

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Our 16U Girls are playing Winter Cups in Portugal :bigclap: They are seeded second and will play Germany first. I think we should win, one of their players is a vulture and the other doesn't have many great results :cheer: Good luck :kiss:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Estonia def. Germany 2-1 :cheer: Carol won 7-5 6-2 while Sonya won surprisingly easily, 6-1 6-2 :eek: :inlove: Her opponent is very overranked because of her vulturing, but it's still a great achievement to beat a girl ranked ahead of her in ITF Juniors with such a score line :cheer: Katriin and Sonya got routined in the Doubles, but it was a dead rubber so it didn't really matter I guess. Sonya/Katu are a really strong team normally, I think I would have played Carol/Katu to save Sonya's energy for tomorrow against France, where she will surely play 2 matches again. Anyway hopefully the girls will play well, it will be a much bigger challenge :hug:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #285 (Edited)
Our 16U Girls lost to France in very dramatic fashion :tears: Katriin Saar was put in for the first Singles and won a huge battle against a Top 155 Junior 4-6 7-6(6) 6-4 :bowdown: :worship: One of her best wins :cheer: However, after that Sonya Chekhlystova lost to Top 110 player Yasmine Mansouri 4-6 7-6(4) 6-2 :hysteric: I hope she didn't have any match points or a huge choke :sad: The weirdest bit though is that we retired from the Doubles with the tie locked at 1-1 :sobbing: Obviously 2 of our girls were too injured to play... Such a weird situation :sad: Still, a really nice win for Katriin and a good effort by Sonya, hopefully they will take confidence and rise in their next ITF events :cheer:

EDIT: It actually seems some sort of food poisoning went through the tournament and a lot of girls got sick :scared: :eek: :tape: That's really a shame :sad:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
We'll have to wait a bit as Latvia/Turkey is still going. The stream is working though :)

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Small thing, but why is Serbia listed first on the scoreboard if Estonia are hosting?

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Valeria used to look fitter. Quite a change :unsure:
Yes :sad: I noticed this and she's become so much slower and her Serve has deteriorated. She must have been sick for a lot of last year, whiche explains her weird schedule/bad results/retirements :sobbing:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Lerka got bagelled in the first, but won the first game of the second playing great tennis :inlove: The ballstriking is still there, she hits a really beautiful ball. If she can get the serve going and obviously improve her fitness she can have good career :)

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
She got broken but is playing much better tennis, the rallies are long and the games close. 0-6 1-2* :hug:

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
First time i've seen her play. She has nice stroke production, her backhand seems to be her better shot and she has picked it up in the second set.

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Lerka fighting really hard to hold serve and is playing some really great aggressive tennis, just not consistently enough. Trails 0-6 3-4* :) If she keeps fighting she could get a break here :cheer:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Lerka lost 6-0 6-3 :hug: She played really well in the second and can surely take many positives. She has a really great game, she just needs to get a lot fitter and improve her serve and her shot selection. Still plays at a Top 600 level in my eyes.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Really didn't expect much more for Lera against Jorovic but she showed some encouraging signs for the possible upcoming relegation match with probably Gorgodze.

GL now Anett and make it 1-1 :cheer:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Anett started AMAZINGLY absolutely clocking the ball and staying really focused. Some ridiculous Forehands. 2*-0 :)

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Anett broke to go up 2-0, broken back. Sloppy game there.

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Gets broken back straight away, some poor errors. Still seems a bit excited, hopefully she settles down and can get back ahead.

281 - 300 of 489 Posts