Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pfffffffff at Chris Fower he really annoys me just becaus he doesn't know what he's talking about and he tries to be funny. But anyway to the mistakes.

Yesteday he said Corina Morariu defeate Daja Bedanova of Czechoslovakia.

They also showed a clip of Bahia Mouhtaissaine adn how she was playing. He said Here is Bahia Mouhtssaine trying to prove that a Muslim Woman can compete at a high level of tennis.

Pfff what about Salima Sfar, Dally Radriantefy, and Dinara Safina( I assume she's muslim if Marat said he was raised as a muslim). They are muslims too and have had some success as they have won rounds at grand slamsand Dinara has even won a tournament at tour level.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I noticed those mistakes, too. Chechoslavakia! :eek:

But I don't think Marat and Dinara were raised Muslim. Marat moved to Spain when he was about 13. So did Dinara.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
But I don't think Marat and Dinara were raised Muslim
Marat said in an interview that he was raised Muslim. So, it must be true.:rolleyes:

I really don't think those little "mistakes" by Chris Fowler make him a bad commentator. The people who check facts for him should be a little more careful. If you have such strong feelings about what he said why don't you go to espn.com and send a question?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
miranda_lou said:
If you have such strong feelings about what he said why don't you go to espn.com and send a question?
Oooooooooh!!! selesfan1, he (or she) told you to get ta' steppin' in front of the whole board. Are you gonna take that??? Dang.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ROFL @ instigator Marcus...

I love Chris Fowler. He's a real sweetheart. While everyone else on ESPN, with the exception of Carillo, act like they're so above the player they're commentating on, Chris seems like a FAN and seems to be HONORED to interview the players he's a fan of, especially Serena... gawd I swear this is Chris when he sees Serena ---> :hearts: :hearts: That could go for Venus as well.

Most of the time he's reading from a teleprompter... when he's out on the terrace. Blame the writers not Chris. When he's commentating, if he's unsure of something, he'll ask Carillo or something... he doesn't prognosticate like the others. He's a rookie as far as tennis coverage but I've loved him during the NFL draft, the college bowls and sportscentury. He's right up there with Bob Ley and Stuart Scott as my favorite ESPN people! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
miranda_lou said:
I DID NOT!!

It was a "suggestion" because when I get mad at a commentator I send them an e-mail to tell them so.
Oh no miranda_lou. I saw exactly what you said to selesfan1. In fact, I even edited it to lessen the effect on selesfan1 just in case he was the hyper-sensitive type. But if you still choose to deny what you said, I guess I should post your quote exactly as you said it. Here's what you actually said.
miranda_lou said:
If you have such strong feelings about what he said, you idiot selesfan1, why don't you go to espn.com and send a question instead of bitching to us here, you ass? I hate you.
It seems to me that you owe selesfan1 an apology miranda_lou.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
What gets me is Drysdale....I could have sworn Patrick Mcenroe was trying to get him to talk about some crappy anniversary he had going on and he just shut both Pat and Mary out....it was too noticeable....He is a blatant Ass!!!! Never liked him and god forbid if u correct him....

Why did they put Mary Jo and Pam in the fields to work?

·
Registered
720 Posts
The espn commentators have sucked in the past, will suck tommorow etc.

Clif is okay and Mal washington is okay. Mary carillo is strange. Put the rest obviously have favorites. How many times did Pam shriver say that Venus was no 3 yesterday. Pat Mcenroe is so pro-american, pro-roddick especially.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Actually Marcus

It's you who owe Selesfan1 an apology. Obviously Miranda lou realized that she had gone over the top and checked herself...Selesfan1 would not know what was posted if you had not reposted it.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,526 Posts
selesfan1 said:
pfffffffff at Chris Fower he really annoys me just becaus he doesn't know what he's talking about and he tries to be funny. But anyway to the mistakes.

Yesteday he said Corina Morariu defeate Daja Bedanova of Czechoslovakia.

They also showed a clip of Bahia Mouhtaissaine adn how she was playing. He said Here is Bahia Mouhtssaine trying to prove that a Muslim Woman can compete at a high level of tennis.

Pfff what about Salima Sfar, Dally Radriantefy, and Dinara Safina( I assume she's muslim if Marat said he was raised as a muslim). They are muslims too and have had some success as they have won rounds at grand slamsand Dinara has even won a tournament at tour level.
Well in Chris's defence, these other girls/young women are not from predominently muslim countries.

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
I was miffed at their screwup today on Chanda's W/L record. They completely omitted her 4 Madrid wins. Thus, they had her as 16/8 coming into today (instead of 20/8), and had her with a 1/2 record on clay, including her 1st round win. Didn't any of those bozos wonder how she won Madrid without winning any matches? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Serena y Monica said:
Actually Marcus

It's you who owe Selesfan1 an apology. Obviously Miranda lou realized that she had gone over the top and checked herself...Selesfan1 would not know what was posted if you had not reposted it.
LOL.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Infiniti2001 said:
Well in Chris's defence, these other girls/young women are not from predominently muslim countries.

Majority of people in Tunisia and Madagascar are also Muslims... and the best of them all is from my country Indonesia, Yayuk Basuki... hello Indonesia is the world's largest muslim population. 85% out of 225 million. you figure it out for yourself.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh, that man. I despise him as I think he always wants to say something big and dramatic but he said it poorly. He is so pro-Americans too. There is nothing wrong with it as I think he is a typical American. But he described that 5-setter as something like Agassi showed how he rules the French Open...Pfffffff And he just adds extra "elements" to his comments which often make it sounds stupid.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
rhz said:
Majority of people in Tunisia and Madagascar are also Muslims... and the best of them all is from my country Indonesia, Yayuk Basuki... hello Indonesia is the world's largest muslim population. 85% out of 225 million. you figure it out for yourself.
Only 7% of the people of Madagascar are Muslim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts