Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Escude out until 2004

Nicolas Escude has ruled himself out of action until next year because of a hip injury.
The Frenchman picked up the injury while playing Juan Carlos Ferrero at Wimbledon last month.

He received lengthy treatment before being forced to retire from the match.

"I will not play again until 2004," Escude told the French sports newspaper L'Equipe.

"Until then, an operation is out of the question because it holds no guarantee of success.

"I will take a complete break, three or four months, and then we will see what happens."

Escude, winner of three singles titles since 1999, was part of France's triumphant Davis Cup side which beat Australia in Melbourne two years ago.

:sad: :sad: Nico :sad: :sad:

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
pffffffff :sad:

this yr has been totally horendous, even worse than 2002 for injuries

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Never mind Becker's complaint about players not prioritising Grand Slams enough, this is the most convincing argument possible for reforming the schedule, spacing tournaments out more and reducing the weight of the balls. The list of players almost permanently missing in action is getting longer by the day: Haas, Safin, Escude, Pavel, Canas, Johansson... perhaps it's no coincidence that right after those last two achieve the best results of their careers they end up crippled by injury. I'm starting to doubt whether Johansson will even play another Grand Slam, never mind get close to repeating what he did last year.

· Registered
2,775 Posts
Aaah, this is too sad. :sad::sad::sad: How many more casualties will it take before something changes around here! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts