Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Spain's song is out:

This is within the realm of what I expected, so I'm not too disappointed. It's safe, predictable, bland and sounds like a demo from 2010. It's definitely going to be a filler entry in the Grand Final.
The video is well made and Blas is a handsome man with a good fashion sense, but there is something inherently cringeworthy about an artist desperately attempting to elevate a generic and basic song by overcompensating.
Also, I'm already not looking forward to the plethora of upcoming "ESC 2020 My Top 2 So Far" videos.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Spain's song is out:

This is within the realm of what I expected, so I'm not too disappointed. It's safe, predictable, bland and sounds like a demo from 2010. It's definitely going to be a filler entry in the Grand Final.
The video is well made and Blas is a handsome man with a good fashion sense, but there is something inherently cringeworthy about an artist desperately attempting to elevate a generic and basic song by overcompensating.
Also, I'm already not looking forward to the plethora of upcoming "ESC 2020 My Top 2 So Far" videos.
Super generic pop, which means I loved it and will be playing it in heavy rotation.
It'll flop in Rotterdam, obviously.

·
Registered
34,123 Posts
He gets huge bonus points for singing in Spanish from me.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
They're doing an incredibly pathetic job this year promotion-wise. I guess it's fine that they try an internal selection this season (although I did enjoy the national final despite the horrendous quality in songs, it just made the waiting a bit shorter) but not even saying anything about it? What's the deal about that? They are not even announcing anything right now even though this broadcast you posted is already published. 🤦‍♂️ Now I wonder what they are coming up with.

I guess it's nice that they plan a 45 min show to announce artist and song but why are they hiding it on ONE?
It all doesn't make any sense and the rumors about Helene performing for Germany don't stop. Helene has not denied those rumors, though. And that's kinda odd. But NDR better bring her on now, cos otherwise everybody else will be a disappointment.

Makes sense from a point of view that she might have said "Dudes, you can send me, but I will certainly not go thru a national final!". On the other hand being pretty much unknown outside of German speaking countries, she can only lose becoming like 16th. But if anybody knows how to put on some great moments on a huge stage, it's her. Actually, I would love to see that. "Atemlos" might have won us the Eurovision back then and she has never had a song quite like that since (for those in the rest of Europe not knowing that song: some places prohibited that song from being played, cos there was a total overkill of it in Germany back then). Plus she might draw some serious votes from the East.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
As Dani12 said Vanessa Amarosi is a "Vocal Beast". Some competition however for Australia decides with Casey, Diana and also many talking about Rabbit Hole by Jaguar Jonze. Thought Vanessa's entry was a little subdued to what her voice is capable of. Staging will be important as well. Who can forget this?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Spain's song is out:

He's cute and has a nice voice :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It all doesn't make any sense and the rumors about Helene performing for Germany don't stop. Helene has not denied those rumors, though. And that's kinda odd. But NDR better bring her on now, cos otherwise everybody else will be a disappointment.

Makes sense from a point of view that she might have said "Dudes, you can send me, but I will certainly not go thru a national final!". On the other hand being pretty much unknown outside of German speaking countries, she can only lose becoming like 16th. But if anybody knows how to put on some great moments on a huge stage, it's her. Actually, I would love to see that. "Atemlos" might have won us the Eurovision back then and she has never had a song quite like that since (for those in the rest of Europe not knowing that song: some places prohibited that song from being played, cos there was a total overkill of it in Germany back then). Plus she might draw some serious votes from the East.

Great voice....would love to hear her higher range. Top 10 from what I have seen so far. :)

·
Registered
11,456 Posts
First semi of Polish selection process is over, absolutely amazing Kasia Dereń won:

I will be furious if she doesn't win the whole thing :LOL: Her vocal skills are just stunning.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Great voice....would love to hear her higher range. Top 10 from what I have seen so far. :)
It's only a rumor. One might like her musik or not, she is Germany's biggest singer. Best earning non-english speaking singer in the world, earning annually more than Celine Dion.

But IF she goes, she will not go for place 8 or 12, that's sure.... nobody can really imagine she will represent Germany, but since the rumors came up that she will, she hasnt denied them..... we'll see.

Helen and Michelle, who made an 8th place for us like 10 years ago, singing a German classic. ...LORD, make it happen, please!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It's only a rumor. One might like her musik or not, she is Germany's biggest singer. Best earning non-english speaking singer in the world, earning annually more than Celine Dion.

But IF she goes, she will not go for place 8 or 12, that's sure.... nobody can really imagine she will represent Germany, but since the rumors came up that she will, she hasnt denied them..... we'll see.

Helen and Michelle, who made an 8th place for us like 10 years ago, singing a German classic. ...LORD, make it happen, please!

Lovely Song :love: Together it's a beautiful harmony. Separate it's clear there is one stronger singer there. Both lovely but always the danger with a duet. Stronger only just, maybe it's me but that gets to me when that happens? Hell that's being picky as well to be honest. Felt the lady in silver was singing from the throat a little, the other in pink has a pure tone. Together you get goosebumps on the arms ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Benny Cristo (somehow) won the Czech NF

This is classic Eurovision. The Czech national final was too good to be true and it serves me right for having such hopes. In the end, the weakest song of the bunch managed to win on name alone since the artist is very popular in CR. Most of the people who voted for him dont even watch Eurovision. Very disappointing to be honest, the Czechs missed a golden opportunity here.

The song is pure trash and goes nowhere for 3 minutes.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Benny Cristo (somehow) won the Czech NF

This is classic Eurovision. The Czech national final was too good to be true and it serves me right for having such hopes. In the end, the weakest song of the bunch managed to win on name alone since the artist is very popular in CR. Most of the people who voted for him dont even watch Eurovision. Very disappointing to be honest, the Czechs missed a golden opportunity here.

The song is pure trash and goes nowhere for 3 minutes.
Love the vibe of it. Very monotone vocally though. Literally love the dance track though!

161 - 180 of 220 Posts