121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Armenia overshadowing Francs, Poland and Spain ahah let’s get the win

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Poland won second time in a row lol. Something to compasate no-shows in adult contest I guess. But this song is not my cup of tea tbh.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,495 Posts
i really like the Idea behind the logo, and thank god no tulips involved :rolls:

about the Stage
https://eurovision.tv/story/this-is-what-the-eurovision-2020-stage-will-look-like

Stage designer Florian Wieder won the pitch for the stage design, in which both Dutch and foreign designers took part, this fall. Wieder: “The design shows the connection between the sky, the sea and the land. The horizon links these elements and that horizon will work as a window to open up the world of Eurovision 2020. The floor plan of the stage is inspired by the canals and bridges that connect land and water in the Netherlands. With this design, we want to bring the artists as close as possible to the audience.”
Again designed by Florian Wieder - seems like he never run out of Ideas for ESC-Stages

·
Registered
7,790 Posts

·
Registered
34,117 Posts
Expected Chantal Janzen since the beginning.
Jan Smit is really annoying but expected as well.

Never expected Edsilia Rombley but I like her 4th place song in 1998. Especially because she was singing in Dutch.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
I'm not going. For that kind of money I can see several concerts from artists who are actually good.

Will just enjoy this from the couch.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Albania failed to send Elvana Gjata and her uptempo bop. Another female ballad next year, and while the song is solid, it isn't as ethnic and captivating as Jonida last year. Disappointing that Elvana stays home.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh, Albania. I'm disappointed, but far from surprised. What a chance missed with Elvana.

I thought Arilena had the overall better performance since she really felt the song and gave a good performance, while Elvana's left a lot to be desired and she looked tired.

That being said, Elvana's song had soooo much potential and I think Albania missed a shot at a top 10 finish.

I would describe Shaj as an Albanian version of Kruna. The singer is talented and artistic, but the song is very meh. The verses are alright I guess, but my god that chorus is a mess. It's too shouty and the bits where she repeats "mbaj dot and ta ndaj" (I don't know if these are the actual lyrics since I'm not Albanian) kill any momentum the song has.

Apparently, the song will be translated into English ("Curse") for Eurovision, so another disappointment to add on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if the jury ends up liking this song, but an overproduced ballad with no memorable hook, climax, genuine story or connection to its artist is bound to flop with the televoters.

·
Registered
34,117 Posts
Already starting out like last year where the best songs didn't get out of the national contest. :cry:

121 - 140 of 152 Posts