Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
What is the official reason for this? It is such a shame as lately, I liked all Hungarian entries.
The producers of the A Dal decided next year, instead of launching the Eurovision Song Contest, they want to make some talented star of Hungarian music. They want to spend the fee of ESC money to promoting and supporting the winner, but not send him/her to Rotterdam.

Stupid decision. No one will care about this competition.. :|

·
Registered
34,113 Posts

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Casey Donovan and Vanessa Amorosi first two announced for Australia Decides

I’m exciting for Vanessa, she’s a vocal beast- blows even Dani and KMH out of the water

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
So apparently the reason for Montenegro withdrawing is they want to spend the budget on new cars:

https://wiwibloggs.com/2019/11/15/montenegro-rtcg-confirms-reasons-leaving-eurovision/245372/

The broadcaster’s spokesperson also explained, “This year we decided to invest that money in the RTCG fleet renewal. The plan is to buy five new cars and this significantly improves the safety of our crews, which travel over 1,000 kilometres on a daily basis.”

For a broadcaster from one of the smallest countries in Europe, this does make sense. The broadcaster’s overall budget is limited and sometimes road safety is going to win out over Eurovision participation.

It also suggests that Montenegro’s departure from Eurovision won’t be permanent. Once the new fleet has been purchased, Montenegro may have the budget to return to Eurovision in 2021.

As a fan of responsible budgetting the Netherlands approve. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ukraine and Bulgaria back yay, two of my favs!

101 - 120 of 134 Posts