Tennis Forum banner

441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
In Slovenia we had online voting for the best our entry on Eurovision. Winner is Maja Keuc with her entry from 2011.

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
In Slovenia we had online voting for the best our entry on Eurovision. Winner is Maja Keuc with her entry from 2011.
We've just had a 90 minute programme in the UK voting for the best Eurovision song - Abba's Waterloo won.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,989 Posts
Iceland live on german stage, but with a slower version from Think about things, i think this could result in a lower voting result then they would had get with the NF/video version

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,989 Posts
Here are the German points

Jury
1 Denmark
2 Italy
3 Bulgaria
4 Azerbaijan
5 Sweden
6 Switzerland
7 Russia
8 Malta
10 Lithuania
12 Iceland

Televote
1 Azerbaijan
2 Malta
3 Switzerland
4 Sweden
5 Bulgaria
6 Italy
7 Iceland
8 Denmark
10 Russia
12 Lithuania

Overall winner in Germany Lithuania

i´m sure Iceland would have won with the national Final performance and not the slowed down one :(

·
Registered
52,388 Posts
so, this Eurovision shine a light show was a total disappointment and it didn't help at all that the French commentators are the worst ever (albeit in sports or cultural events or whatever..) - Should have watched it live on youtube or something like that

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
German "Free ESC" was won by "Spain". Singer was Nico Santos, who is one of Germany's most famous singer-songwriters, who is totally German but grew up on Mallorca:

Fan Favorite was "The Moon", who won the televote in Switzerland, Austria and Germany (where the show was braodcast) awarding 12 points each to that song.

Both really good songs. Sad, that Germany can't manage to do songs like that in our per-selection and needs Stefan Raab again to show how it's done within 6 weeks. Both songs would have been perfect contenders for ESC. Unlike our official song for 2020.

·
Registered
29,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I only listened to Nico Santos yesterday but that was super mediocre tbh.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i really dont get Iceland
its clear it would have won if the final had gone ahead last night and that would really have annoyed me!
there tends to be a song every year that everyone likes and and i dont get. see also Toy and 'occidental karma' (sp)
then again i liked the Ukraine and Portuguese winners when the other OGAE members were rooting for other songs
i wasnt that into Arcade either at the time but prefer it to this Iceland song

·
Registered
34,148 Posts
so, this urovision shine a light show was a total disappointment and it didn't help at all that the French commentators are the worst ever (albeit in sports or cultural events or whatever..) - Should have watched it live on youtube or something like that
I watch the show on youtube for the past few years. No commentators and you can pause/rewind and skip all the cringe.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
i really dont get Iceland
its clear it would have won if the final had gone ahead last night and that would really have annoyed me!
there tends to be a song every year that everyone likes and and i dont get. see also Toy and 'occidental karma' (sp)
then again i liked the Ukraine and Portuguese winners when the other OGAE members were rooting for other songs
i wasnt that into Arcade either at the time but prefer it to this Iceland song
Why do you think it's clear Iceland would have won?

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
so, this Eurovision shine a light show was a total disappointment and it didn't help at all that the French commentators are the worst ever (albeit in sports or cultural events or whatever..) - Should have watched it live on youtube or something like that
Yeah, it didn't really have a flow was rather slow. I think they should have all the interviews recorded because it wasn't fun to wait for the question to get over to the other side. And it felt there were more interviews than singing:(
What I really liked how they performed What's Another Year
Also 1982 winner was a nice surprise since I've known this song (in Estonian) but never knew it was an ESC song and winner no less.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Why do you think it's clear Iceland would have won?
it seems to have topped lots of polls and didnt it have massive figures on youtube and download charts?

mind you, that may have mainly been eurovision fans rather than the general public, but there is always a percentage of the public who vote for a song based on a dance, how funny it is etc

however, some fan favourite songs have fallen short in the past so I guess that could have happened

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
it seems to have topped lots of polls and didnt it have massive figures on youtube and download charts?

mind you, that may have mainly been eurovision fans rather than the general public, but there is always a percentage of the public who vote for a song based on a dance, how funny it is etc

however, some fan favourite songs have fallen short in the past so I guess that could have happened
I wouldn't have minded Iceland as a winner. I disliked it at first but it really grew on me and now it's one of my faves. Still, I really doubt it would have won or even finished top3. It's just so bland really, I think others would have stood out more during the show and appealed to the general public.

441 - 460 of 460 Posts