3. Litauen: THE ROOP – On Fire
  4. Italien: Diodato – Fai rumore
  5. Russland: Little Big – UNO
  6. Malta: Destiny – All Of My Love
  7. Schweiz: Gjon’s Tears – Répondez-moi
  8. Island: Daði Freyr & Gagnamagnið – Think About Things
  9. Schweden: The Mamas – Move
  10. Aserbaidschan: Efendi – Cleopatra
I don't understand. Are they the best 10 songs among the 41 songs for the German Jury ?

·
Registered
29,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
I don't understand. Are they the best 10 songs among the 41 songs for the German Jury ?
Yes. Germany is doing a small "ESC" next Saturday with 10 songs + Ben Dolic performing. And yesterday these ten songs were chosen from all 40 entries in a show where all videos were shown.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,989 Posts
I still can't believe they flat out cancelled ESC without even trying to postpone it 😭😭

On the bright side, I'd rather have it cancelled than seeing that whiny song from Suisse win :D

it´s a year of melancholic and depressive, whiny songs, and thats what we not need in Corona-times

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
This 10 songs qualified for the final show in Germany
It was judged by televoters and jury. In random order
  1. Bulgarien: VICTORIA – Tears Getting Sober
  2. Dänemark: Ben & Tan – Yes
  3. Litauen: THE ROOP – On Fire
  4. Italien: Diodato – Fai rumore
  5. Russland: Little Big – UNO
  6. Malta: Destiny – All Of My Love
  7. Schweiz: Gjon’s Tears – Répondez-moi
  8. Island: Daði Freyr & Gagnamagnið – Think About Things
  9. Schweden: The Mamas – Move
  10. Aserbaidschan: Efendi – Cleopatra
I like that selection. Good job Germany voters.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
Eurovision 1997 and 1998 have been posted online in full on YouTube. Watching them was further confirmation that people who complain about the quality of recent years are full of BS. The orchestra was nice but the song quality was definitely not.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I was at the 1998 contest.
I thought the standard that year was pretty high!
I especially liked Croatia, Slovakia, Netherlands, Finland and Norway from what i remember

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
1989 has got to be one of the best years ever - nearly every song would have been a worthy winner.

·
Registered
52,388 Posts
yesterday I rewatched my fave years 2015 and 2016 + bits of 98 (Dana , the rest was so meh..) and 2014 (Conchita )
Aminata Loïc Knez Il Volo Mäns (and Petra Mede ! ), Iveta Dani Amir Francesca Poli Ira ... ❤
probably will watch 2017/18/19 ( Salvator, Artsvik, Eleni, O'G3NE ,Claudia Mahmood )...soon since this year we won't have SF/F - might still watch that special "show" they'll have next Saturday ...

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Opinion which matter more than Eurovision victory actually! Queen has spoken! She put Romania as worst song in 1st semi, Slovenia 16th and Lithuania 15th. :D And her fejvorit sonk in first semifinal is Ireland. xD

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Finnish televoters went straight to the final, here are the results from FIN :cool:

10. UKR 1p.
9. NOR 2p.
8. GER 3p.
7. ITA 4p.
6. SWE 5p.
5. BUL 6p.
4. SUI 7p.

3. RUS 8p.
2. LTU 10p.
1. ISL 12p.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
In our show just confirmed Ana Soklic for Eurovision 2021. Cant complain. She is great vocalist just need better song. :)

421 - 440 of 460 Posts