Tennis Forum banner

381 - 400 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
It's almost sure Poland will send a new entry, Alicja Szemplińska will have very important exams after the high school in May next year.

·
30,815 Posts
They had considered having it without the audience. Also having it as a video concert (everyone would be just performing in their TV studio) which is what I also thought of, but I understand the outcome in terms of quality and options what one can technically do could be way too different.

Estonia has already decided that in 2021 there will be a new song to represent us. If our this year's winner Uku wants to participate he'll have a spot in the semis already (meaning he won't have to come through the pre-selection).
What a nice F*ck you from ERR to Uku. Really unfair...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Without audience it would have sucked. I still think they should have like postponed it till summer then if needed postpone again till later in autumn and only then cancel it if things are still bad. Even if that meant a less quality production, stage etc. because of less time to organize.

It's so sad for the artists and all the work done until this point. I'm really disappointed they couldn't find a solution to have them perform, even in some kind of online show with web voting or so... 😔

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
My hope was to move it to October

and since 7 month is to short to Organise in 2021 to have it in October forever from now on.
This is a very good point. As far as I know, there is no real reason to make the contest every year in May.
I think it wasn't an alternative for them to have the contest every October

·
Registered
48,023 Posts
I wish they still went forward with some sort of online Eurovision. Singers recording their performance and EBU organizing televote, without any live audience, press rooms and stuff. Feels like the world will be shut for a few more months and we need some entertainment.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,793 Posts
I wish they still went forward with some sort of online Eurovision. Singers recording their performance and EBU organizing televote, without any live audience, press rooms and stuff. Feels like the world will be shut for a few more months and we need some entertainment.
I heared they thought about it but the difference in production value would had been to big to have a „fair“ competition.

·
Administrator
65,080 Posts
Yes you'd have thought they could have done a show of sorts - with the video or clips of the performance that they won their national contest with.

·
Registered
48,023 Posts
I heared they thought about it but the difference in production value would had been to big to have a „fair“ competition.
Yeah, Russia would probably invest millions in a 3 minute performance xD

I do understand it would not be a "fair game", but I think in these times it is not even that important who wins, it is about lifting morale a bit and just giving people some entertainment.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
It would be very unfair to the Dutch - they won the competition for the first time in 300 years and they should have a chance to host a proper show.

·
Registered
34,136 Posts
If I were a 2020 candidate I would rather perform with no audience and have 100 million people watch it at home than never get to perform the song and never get to participate in eurovision.

o understand it would not be a "fair game", but I think in these times it is not even that important who wins, it is about lifting morale a bit and just giving people some entertainment.
Exactly. They should arrange something where these artists can perform their 2020 songs and have it broadcasted/shared.

·
Registered
48,023 Posts
If I were a 2020 candidate I would rather perform with no audience and have 100 million people watch it at home than never get to perform the song and never get to participate in eurovision.

Exactly. They should arrange something where these artists can perform their 2020 songs and have it broadcasted/shared.
They just announced they are planning something like that. Check out their Facebook page

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
65,080 Posts
It would be very unfair to the Dutch - they won the competition for the first time in 300 years and they should have a chance to host a proper show.
Surely when it does happen it'll still be in the Netherlands, they'll still be the reigning champions.

·
Registered
15,335 Posts
This year's songs were actually really nice. I already liked 9 songs before the contest had even started!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I think it is a huge shame that the 2020 songs won't actually participate because there are several very very good songs....BUT, I think it is the right decision to have new songs next year

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
according to the rules, songs can not participate if they wer ereleased a certain time before the contest , so it would also be unfair for the contestants not to release their songs until next year 🤷‍♂️

they really should have a contest still going, albeit with just the videos of live performances ...even though it would be weird I guess ...

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Eurovision cancelled.

Slovenia: Let us publish revamped version (which is actually much better to be fair and could actually be surprise qualifier at the end).

381 - 400 of 410 Posts