34. Azerbaijan
35. Russia
36. Slovenia
37. San Marino
38. France
39. Georgia
40. Moldova
41. Estonia

It's such a shame Elvana, Jaagup, Dotter and Khayat were so robbed in their NFs. All of them would have been in my top 10. It's still a pretty strong year regardless imo.

·
30,815 Posts
Eurovision 2020 is officially cancelled!!!

They are hoping it will be possible to comeback in Rotterdam 2021. No news about what will happen to the songs

Good decision from EBU! 1st time in more than 60 years that we dont get Eurovision :(

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Well, I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone. :cry: Such an international event with people flying in from anywhere is just not possible the coming months.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Wow, even Eurovision is cancelled. I guess 2020 is officially over right now.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
My top 10 would be:
1. Italy
2. Israel
3. Switzerland
4. Norway
5. Lithuania
6. Bulgaria
7. Serbia
8. Albania (original version in national language)
9.Belgium
10.Iceland

·
Registered
12,880 Posts
Gutted for Iceland, Malta, and Lithuania, who had real chances for their 1st ever victories. Watch Sweden win ESC 2021 now...

·
Administrator
65,080 Posts
Eurovision 2020 is officially cancelled!!!

They are hoping it will be possible to comeback in Rotterdam 2021. No news about what will happen to the songs

Good decision from EBU! 1st time in more than 60 years that we dont get Eurovision :(

That's sad news but understandable.

I'd assume the same national entrants will still take part but next year.

·
Registered
34,136 Posts
I know it was expected but still I'm sad about it. I already read some 'fake'(?) news that these songs cannot be used for next contest so I hope we will at least see them perform the songs live sometime..

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Now it‘s about which songs will age well if they use the same entries for next year. I guess that‘s it for Lithuania and Iceland, everyone will hate these songs in 14 months.

·
Registered
29,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
I can't see them going for the same songs in 2021. Sadly. It's probably what they should do to respect the artists and songwriters. But Melodifestivalen for example is bigger than the contest in Sweden and they certainly won't suspend it. Also, many countries that aren't doing well in the odds or chose bad stuff probably want to change their selection.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know it’s kind of naive, but couldn’t they make it without audience? I bet their profits mostly come from tv viewers/tv channels :sad:

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
They had considered having it without the audience. Also having it as a video concert (everyone would be just performing in their TV studio) which is what I also thought of, but I understand the outcome in terms of quality and options what one can technically do could be way too different.

Estonia has already decided that in 2021 there will be a new song to represent us. If our this year's winner Uku wants to participate he'll have a spot in the semis already (meaning he won't have to come through the pre-selection).

361 - 380 of 410 Posts