Tennis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

What a kweeeeeeen🙏
The song is really interesting too and written for her by Mahmood.
Italy, please pick her!!
[
Not a huge fan of this. Loved the raspy notes toward the end though, needs more of that. Love the attitude though! Again being picky ;)

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
The three songs chosen so far are all decent. Not winners, but listenable. I would like Shaj more if I could get over Me Tana being robbed.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Handles crowds well ;-) Heard Vanessa is amping it up :)
...Blocked by the IOC on a tennis forum? Boooooooooooooo

·
Registered
29,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Montaigne won with "Don't Break Me", so no Vanessa Amorosi in Rotterdam.

Also Dami Im announced she's going to compete in Australia Decides in 2021.

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
The studio version of Don't Break Me is fantastic, glad Australia chose it. Live on stage, it's a bit rough around the edges, and I hate the clown styling, but I wasn't that much a fan of Australia last year and then it came alive at the finals, so I'm going to stay optimistic about this entry. Hopefully it will look slicker in Rotterdam.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Samanta Tina won Supernova and will be representing Latvia in Rotterdam.

This song is absolutely batshit fucking crazy, but she slays the performance.

Latvia made the right choice.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Montaigne won with "Don't Break Me", so no Vanessa Amorosi in Rotterdam.

Also Dami Im announced she's going to compete in Australia Decides in 2021.
I'm gutted Vanessa didn't get through, the staging was a train wreck! :-(

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm gutted Vanessa didn't get through, the staging was a train wreck! :-(
First 30 seconds I was pumped. Then it just went nowhere! Tried too hard, as did Casey. Aussie vote don't like the arrogant. Why we have the winner we have. Don't mind it, but it won't make the final.

·
Registered
36,724 Posts
So, Elodie's interesting and catchy song is bleh but Diodato's outdated and boring ballad is outstanding?
CATCHY?! my goodness :censored:

and all her performances were lame and pretty bad sung (which is not acceptable in ESC). Furthermore, Diodato's song has a nice lyrics (which of course can't be understood by english speakers, but still)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
First semi of Polish selection process is over, absolutely amazing Kasia Dereń won:

I will be furious if she doesn't win the whole thing :LOL: Her vocal skills are just stunning.
her voice is suited for mid 90s aged pop rock ballads from USA (need that facepalm smiley back on TF)
she barely got through the first half of that Abba song with problems of catching breath on time. No charisma as well

awful shit

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
My top 6 for now:
1)Italy - love it, this song has a soul and the guy can sing live. Bonus for a national language. I don't care that it's outdated.
2)Albania - typical for Albania melodic, old-fashioned song. Not as emotional as last year, but is more pleasant to the ears. It won't do well in competition, even if I like it.
3)Latvia - I find this girl voice annoying, but the song is quite interesting. Not my cup of tea though.
4)Czech Republic - tough to say anything without a live performance. After hearing studio version this song is something not heard yet in Eurovision. It's quite monotonous though.
5)Spain - sounds like a thousands pop songs nowadays, I hoped to hear more latino rhythms.
6)Australia - big mess of the performance, it meant to be artistic, but lacks of quality big time.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
her voice is suited for mid 90s aged pop rock ballads from USA (need that facepalm smiley back on TF)
she barely got through the first half of that Abba song with problems of catching breath on time. No charisma as well

awful shit
I don't get the idea of this way of choice the entry for Eurovision. You need also good staging, song and charisma; good voice is not enough and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.

In Poland the problem is that most of artists who would do well in ESC, are not interested to go there, because they treat it as a trashy competition or are afraid they will flop. So, in this situation the best way is to send a joke entry or send a good song of an unknown artist who will use it as a promotion of himself/herself/themselves.

181 - 200 of 220 Posts