Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Wow - every year we find errors in the player pictures on the Nasdaq website. We correct them, but they keep making them! I'm amazed by how sloppy they are in this respect. Obviously they don't think the website is very important. They identify the player below as Iveta Benesova. It's actually Daja Bedanova.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction Has Been Made

Nice to know that Nasdaq takes some pride in the accuracy of their site.
They have removed the incorrect photo.

·
Registered
16,474 Posts
OMg LMAO..

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ADAM MAROC said:
Im affraid ALL USA tournaments web site sucks!!! More commercials than tennis :eek:
It's all relative Adam. The U.S. Open site is good compared to Nasdaq or JPMorgan, which are both terrible. Also, Pacific Life has a decent site. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the U.S. Open site, but at least it isn't as riddled with errors as the Nasdaq site.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's Another Player Mis-Identified by Nasdaq

So far we've found that Benesova, Kutuzova, and now Granados have had incorrect pictures assigned to their bios on the Nasdaq website. Two days ago I emailed them about Benesova. It was fixed this morning. I emailed them about Kutuzova this morning. It still isn't fixed. Last year they did the same thing. They fixed the first one or two mistakes I told them about. But when I kept pointing out more errors, they gave up. The fact that they keep doing this year after year boggles my mind. It shows a serious like of pride in the quality of their work. I'm going to email them the image below with the comment I made in red. Let's see if they ever bother to fix it (i.e. withdraw or replace the picture).

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Shooter said:
So far we've found that Benesova, Kutuzova, and now Granados have had incorrect pictures assigned to their bios on the Nasdaq website. Two days ago I emailed them about Benesova. It was fixed this morning. I emailed them about Kutuzova this morning. It still isn't fixed. Last year they did the same thing. They fixed the first one or two mistakes I told them about. But when I kept pointing out more errors, they gave up. The fact that they keep doing this year after year boggles my mind. It shows a serious like of pride in the quality of their work. I'm going to email them the image below with the comment I made in red. Let's see if they ever bother to fix it (i.e. withdraw or replace the picture).
There is another error, and I emailed them about it. It's not fixed.

Under Zheng, the picture is Yan. And Yan's page has no picture.

Also, the picture of Peng is so horrible that I consider it a mistake too. This is not a picture that you put on a website of a player, it is just wrong.

Anyway, they did not answer and did not fix anything. And it has been 3-4 days.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drake3781 said:
There is another error, and I emailed them about it. It's not fixed. Under Zheng, the picture is Yan. And Yan's page has no picture. Also, the picture of Peng is so horrible that I consider it a mistake too. Anyway, they did not answer and did not fix anything.
Looks like they've addressed all of our issues now. The incorrect pics have been withdrawn and Zheng-Yan mixup has been corrected. So they are making an effort. FYI - they have never actually responded to one of my emails. This is o.k. with me as long as they fix the errors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts