OUT: Keys, Anisimova
IN: Bogdan, Kanepi

Q changes

OUT: Bogdan, Kanepi
IN: +2 on-site alternates

·
Registered
54,578 Posts
They're going to need to scramble to fill spots in qualies but I imagine locals and doubles players wouldn't complain about some extra prize money.
Not really. Decent players like Kalinskaya, Niculescu, McNally, Doleheide, Arruabarrena, García Pérez, Krunic, Muhammad...are in Melbourne for the AO doubles (as well as all the AO LL) so they can sign up as on-site alternates here.

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
764 Posts
Good chance for Andreea Mitu to rebuild her singles carrer. She should be in the MD soon having a singles ranking of 526 :) Good luck to Jurak,Dabrovski too !

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Entries will be split into two (2) 56M/16Q/28D Events (92 accepted into MD; 28 accepted into QLF)

MD changes

OUT: Bertens, Linette, Bellis
IN: Zidansek, Fernandez, Sasnovich

Q list

1 ANA BOGDAN (ROU) 92
2 KAIA KANEPI (EST) 93
3 VARVARA GRACHEVA (RUS) 94
4 JASMINE PAOLINI (ITA) 96
5 VIKTORIA KUZMOVA (SVK) 97
6 ANN LI (USA) 98
7 MARTA KOSTYUK (UKR) 99
8 NINA STOJANOVIC (SRB) 100
9 MONA BARTHEL (GER) 101 SR
10 ANDREA PETKOVIC (GER) 102
11 ALIONA BOLSOVA (ESP) 103
12 KAJA JUVAN (SLO) 104
13 GREET MINNEN (BEL) 110
14 TIMEA BABOS (HUN) 115
15 TSVETANA PIRONKOVA (BUL) 123 SR
16 LIUDMILA SAMSONOVA (RUS) 127
17 MAYAR SHERIF (EGY) 128
18 SARA ERRANI (ITA) 131
19 ELISABETTA COCCIARETTO (ITA) 132
20 WHITNEY OSUIGWE (USA) 161
21 REBECCA MARINO (CAN) 171 SR
22 MAYO HIBI (JPN) 182
23 OLGA DANILOVIC (SRB) 183
24 CHLOE PAQUET (FRA) 187
25 VALERIA SAVINYKH (RUS) 225
26 CLARA BUREL (FRA) 236
27 FRANCESCA JONES (GBR) 241
28 ON-SITE ALTERNATE***

*** There will be 1 on-site Alternate list for both events. Alternate list priority order:
1- Aus Open qualifiers Lucky Losers in Lucky Loser order
2- Any other singles or doubles ranked player signing in on-site listed in order of the highest singles ranking as of December 21, 2020
No Aussie girls in Q?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Craig Tiley, head of Tennis Australia, has hinted at cutting down the pre-AO tournaments due to the lack of training time that players have had due to the hard lockdowns. I'm going to assume that players have begun unofficially withdrawing from these two Melbourne events.

·
Registered
Kanepi and Errani Also Putintseva, Flipkens, Sasnovich, Kawa,Podoroska,Bonaventure,Tsurenko,Marino
835 Posts
Craig Tiley, head of Tennis Australia, has hinted at cutting down the pre-AO tournaments due to the lack of training time that players have had due to the hard lockdowns. I'm going to assume that players have begun unofficially withdrawing from these two Melbourne events.
1 tournament might do the job! As of right now!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Surely Kostyuk would get a MDWC considering her situation, right? I mean she cant be locked until friday and play qualies next day...

Reactions: kaiakanepifan

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Surely Kostyuk would get a MDWC considering her situation, right? I mean she cant be locked until friday and play qualies next day...
There will be others in her position too. I suspect they’ll have to WD if they don’t want to play

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
There will be others in her position too. I suspect they’ll have to WD if they don’t want to play
What others? The only one I can think of is Ann Li if she flew from LA, but no one else.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Btw, is Badosa send home or can spend 14 days in isolation in Australia?
This from the Vic CHO this morning:
She will have to isolate for 10 days if it is considered a standard case, or 14 days if it is the UK variant, which will put her chances of competing at risk.

·
Registered
17,630 Posts
This from the Vic CHO this morning:
She will have to isolate for 10 days if it is considered a standard case, or 14 days if it is the UK variant, which will put her chances of competing at risk.
Even with 10 days it is very close but Tennis Australia is possibly working on something ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 60 of 118 Posts