Serena Williams

·
Registered
23,554 Posts
no russians?

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
If all those players mentioned above commit, it'll be one very exciting tournament

·
Registered
974 Posts
Anyone happen to know about the rest of the field?

according the crap-ola website, a complete list of players will be released in May. Hello? it is now the end of June!

·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
I wonder will Serena actually play

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
I doubt Serena will play here. I don't think she has played this event in a while and she also needs to stay home for a while.

Reactions: Gallofa

·
Registered
974 Posts
last time serena was supposed to play this tournament (2003?) she pulled out at the last moment. if she does pull out, they won't announce it til the last minute so they can still get more ticket sales!

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
urklerlay said:
last time serena was supposed to play this tournament (2003?) she pulled out at the last moment. if she does pull out, they won't announce it til the last minute so they can still get more ticket sales!
Nothing new!

Given the fact Serena is skipping Fed Cup I
highly doubt she'll be ready by Stanford.

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
I hope Venus wins this year here and in Accura Classic.

Go Venus!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I want Venus to dominate this event and the rest of her scheduled tournaments. She is scheduled to play the Nordia Nordic Light Open i think she should withdraw form that tournament and play something bigger but i guess it will be a good confidence booster to win that little tourney.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
safinforlife said:
I want Venus to dominate this event and the rest of her scheduled tournaments. She is scheduled to play the Nordia Nordic Light Open i think she should withdraw form that tournament and play something bigger but i guess it will be a good confidence booster to win that little tourney.
:lol:

Venus actually answered a question about that during
her 1st rd post match interview at Wimbledon.

She said she's playing because for so many years her summer schedule had been the same and she wanted a change. New change of scene I believe and hence she's playing in Stockholm, a place she's never been despite it being a T4 tournament.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Big names there - methinks it might be a chance for someone like Daniela, Patty or Ai get a win over one of the other four big names, and perhaps boost their confidence leading up to the US Open. They'll need the challenge and the match practice.

Go Daniela! :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is Serena still playing here?
In her website it says that Serena is currently training for the Acura Classic so I assumed that she is skipping this event.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I assume Serena will pull out of this event, and her website gives more confirmation. No way she'd play 4 weeks in a row.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts