Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Is the qualifying draw over the weekend or on Friday? Trying to figure out what's realistic in terms of who could still get in before then.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Is the qualifying draw over the weekend or on Friday? Trying to figure out what's realistic in terms of who could still get in before then.

I believe Qualifying starts on Monday August 19, so draw is Sunday at 4pm local time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
It's clearly not a financial thing only for Korpatsch. Flying to New York from Europe is not that expensive, when you consider the prize money even for a loser in the first round of qualifying. Is she afraid of flying long distances? It's really bizarre.
There are other travel options

·
Registered
52,185 Posts
Errani might sneak in :eek: :D

2 OUT of qualies with Haddad Maia still not removed (or am I wrong?) from the list

·
Premium Member
66,154 Posts
Fourlis and Ma played in Concord so they will definitely be on-site. Does anyone have an update on Tan? It’s weird how she showed up in San Jose and then went back to Europe. Did she get injured or did she not expect to get so close to making it in here?\

Edit: Tan is on site as well.

·
Premium Member
66,154 Posts
According to the rules, Watson should be out and replaced by Fourlis.

She can’t pull a Mertens because the final is scheduled an hour after the 2PM deadline, but can she not fake some kind of cold which would let her withdraw but still make her good to go on Monday/Tuesday in NYC?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
According to the rules, Watson should be out and replaced by Fourlis.

She can’t pull a Mertens because the final is scheduled an hour after the 2PM deadline, but can she not fake some kind of cold which would let her withdraw but still make her good to go on Monday/Tuesday in NYC?
Some US Open Communications department member on Twitter seems to think Watson will be allowed to play both Vancouver final and US Open quals, although that was just his interpretation and not 100% official.

Which he now seems to think is incorrect, so looks like she will miss out after all.

81 - 100 of 161 Posts