Go Mandy - lucky it is this weeks ranks - she drops badly next week

·
Registered
54,079 Posts
Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally

·
Registered
31,167 Posts
Wait yeah how is Kuznetsova skipping like eight players? Sounds like a mistake?

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
There is no ranking other than 102 SR that could fit between Minella and Zhu.

USO MD Entry List

Krunic 101
Minella 102
----------------------------
Kuznetsova 102 SR (ranking on Sep 24 2018)
Zhu 103

Kuznetsova entered FO with ranking 100 and Wimbledon with ranking 102 (not SR).

Attachments

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally

·
Registered
12,012 Posts
There is no ranking other than 102 SR that could fit between Minella and Zhu.

USO MD Entry List

Krunic 101
Minella 102
----------------------------
Kuznetsova 102 SR (ranking on Sep 24 2018)
Zhu 103

Kuznetsova entered FO with ranking 100 and Wimbledon with ranking 102 (not SR).

Ahh, I didn't realise Sveta was using her PR, that makes sense!

·
Registered
31,167 Posts
Why didn't she use her PR last year then? I'm sort of confused how she's still eligible to use it a year after having received a wildcard too, but a former champion deserves to play the main draw AFAIK.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Why didn't she use her PR last year then? I'm sort of confused how she's still eligible to use it a year after having received a wildcard too, but a former champion deserves to play the main draw AFAIK.
You're mixing it up. Kuznetsova was not eligible for a PR at the time of the US Open last year, as although she was out with injury earlier in the year, she wasn't out for six months to be eligible for the PR - hence the WC.

But, as you can see, she was out with another injury (or recurrence of the same injury rather) between Guangzhou last year and Lugano this year. This is a period extending 6 months, meaning she is eligible for a PR using the rankings published the week after Guangzhou, which in 102 in her case. But, the non-GS tournaments she has played so far this year (Lugano, Istanbul, Prague, Madrid, Nuremberg) had all given her wildcards - which means she didn't need to use the PR there. And as for RG and Wimbledon, at the time she already had rankings which got her in directly without the need of a PR (100 and 102, respectively), so she didn't use it there either. But, her ranking has dropped slightly since then, and she is using her 102-PR ranking to increase her chances of getting into the USO main draw directly, although she is not far off at 107 on the actual rankings.

Sorry for the essay LOL but hope it helpsssss!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
445 Posts
With Mandy M., if she decided not to have babies until after she retires maybe she might not always be the last in. I mean there is a thing call contraceptives, right? I died when I saw her reason for a withdrawal from a tournament was "pregnancy"- ROFL. Mandy, you did not think there was a chance that could happen. How old are you. Pretty girl though, I wish her the best.

·
Registered
25,542 Posts
I’ve never seen a case like Kuznetsova where protected ranking and actual ranking were almost the same :lol: But it made all the difference since she is probably in now.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I’ve never seen a case like Kuznetsova where protected ranking and actual ranking were almost the same :lol: But it made all the difference since she is probably in now.
Tig is about to be in the same situation is she wins few more matches in Jurmala or another tournament.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I believe it happened to Minella at the AO, PR & regular ranking were the same #104

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 161 Posts