Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Whoever advised Ho to drop Duke to become pro :help:
Maybe it was her plan all along? This situation reminded me of Luisa Stefani, who said in this interview (Portuguese) she had planned only one year of college tennis before going pro, and then would return later to finish her studies.

Google Translate said:
In the tennis section, one of the things that taught me the most was the fact that I had a Freshman Year very good in both results and the court itself. I played without pressure, I was new to the circuit and I do not think anyone knew me. After that, getting into my second year was difficult because I had to deal with the pressure of being a favorite in most games. And yet, I had to find a way to win and keep going.

I think this was very important because in the professional it is the same thing. When you do very well, you become a favorite and have to learn to play with the pressure and expectation that you will win. And having a coach on the court helped me see the games better because I already have the idea of ​​my coach when I'm on the court and not only after the game. So I guess that was pretty positive that I picked up from College Tennis as well.

While you were in college, you played a few professional tournaments. How did the desire to resume a career in the circuit return?

In fact, since I went to college, I've never lost the desire to play as a pro. My idea was to go, play one year and take a break to resume in the circuit. I think in my year it was one of the first that they started giving this offer of you to be able to do a certain time, then come back and finish with the scholarship. So, in fact, I would not exactly say that I lost the desire to play as a pro, but I was deciding the right time for myself to do it.

·
Registered
84,954 Posts

·
You are not likeable,but I like you
4,261 Posts
Cepede Royg in alt?

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
Base on the rankings after Indian Wells we will have lots of players that are not good on clay being seeds...

1. Stephens
2. Bertens
3. Sabalenka
4. Barty
5. Sevastova
6. Wozniacki
7. Mertens
8. Goerges

9. Keys
10. Ostapenko
11. Andreescu
12. Collins
13. Hsieh
14. Tsurenko
15. Giorgi
16. Buzarnescu

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
In the newspapers, Andreescu coach said she will rest for a couple of weeks after Miami and might come back for Fed Cup in April.

I would like to see her play on clay in Charleston, but she played so many matches so far this year, It is definately wiser to withdraw and rest and get ready to the european clay season

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Emma Navarro has a MDWC. Her dad is Ben Navarro, a billionaire businessman, who actually bought this tournament.
Wow, wonder if he bought her a college scholarship too! :devil:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Emma Navarro has a MDWC. Her dad is Ben Navarro, a billionaire businessman, who actually bought this tournament.
She is 17y old and nr. 567. At least she made it in the semis in the Charleston ITF in October but then that was her only ITF SF last year. No matches so far in 2019

21 - 40 of 66 Posts