Tennis Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Garcia joins Muguruza at Hua Hin 23 Jan 2019 at 04:00 © Bangkok Post Public Company Limited. All rights reserved.
"
World No.19 Caroline Garcia will take part in the Thailand Open, organisers said yesterday. ...

Muguruza, who won the titles at the 2016 French Open and 2017 Wimbledon, is scheduled to arrive in Bangkok tomorrow after her exit in the last 16 round at the Australian Open, said Paradorn, a former world former No.9 tennis star.

Unfortunately, China's Wang Qiang has been forced to withdraw from the Hua Hin tournament due to injury. The Chinese suffered an injury during her loss to Anastasija Sevastova ...

The Thai contingent will be led by Luksika Khumkum.

"
----------------------------------------------------
Thai ace to try her Luk against elite December 20, 2018 01:00 nationmultimedia.com

"
“The entry list is quite tough, which is normal for a tournament this level,” said Luksika, whose only concern is world No. 20 Wang Qiang of China, who has beaten her on each of the last seven occasions they have met.

“But I really want to play at home for the first time in two years and I hope to turn all the expectations from fans into motivation.”

“I hope to have a good draw and not have to play Wang too early but if I have to play her again, I will try to return her the favour in front of the home fans,” added Luksika ...

"
-----------------------------------------------------

SCB Centre Court ready for WTA Thailand January 12, 2019 Asean Breaking News
"
The former world No 9 Paradorn and No 19 Tamarine also played an exhibition match at the 2,500 capacity-court ...

Thai No 1 and world No 66 Luksika Kumkhum will carry the Thai flag into the WTA event which will also feature former Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki.
"

·
Registered
25,711 Posts
So no WC for little hai hope Mananchaya?
Would like to find the Q list.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Would like to find the Q list.
Peng will play Thailand qualifying if not getting a MD WC.

Some if not all of the players below entered qualifying.

Peng, Shuai
Zhu, Lin
Han, XinYun
Duan, YingYing
Liu, FangZhou
Lu, Jia-jing
Xun, Fang Ying
Zhang, YuXuan
Lu, Jing-jing
Wang, XinYu

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ferro and Paquet were training there so I guess they entered in Q

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Reactions: rogerg73

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
The Q draw is out btw. The Q seeds are

1 Rus
2 Brady
3 Dolehide
4 Hon
5 Perrin
6 Han
7 Duan
8 Nara
9 Kovinic
10 Shimizu
11 Raina
12 Thandi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry, if I place this question maybe at the wrong place: Does anyone know who is broadcasting the Toyota Thailand Hua Hin Open 2019? I live in Thailand and I don't see any channel which broadcasts anything from Hua Hin. Where c an we watch the matches? Does anyone if some link?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts