Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hmmm. Venus prominent in their promotional material but not on the EL?

Over under on Bouchard getting a wildcard? :eek:h: :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
When was the last time that the top 2 seeds were such walking byes?

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
Venus probably decided to play Dubai/Doha after losing in the first round of Melbourne. Or she'll return in Indian Wells and that's it. It was a lot with the Madison Square Garden exhibition had she played in Acapulco as well

·
Registered
25,470 Posts
The director of the tournament said that local wildcard will follow the next rule: Player must be under 25 year old to get main draw/qualy wildcards.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Looking at the current MDs in the opening post, you'd have to say Kanepi (if fit) or Bencic would be the favourite so far. Pretty underwhelming list.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Marie Bouzková is playing. Since there is no qualifying list I know of, I believe she entered as rank 169, so the cut off it probably lower.

·
Premium Member
62,383 Posts
Teichmann is here, too :hearts:

·
Registered
29,569 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
With Sakkari, Bencic and Watson involved here plus potentially Lisicki as well, there'll be plenty of interest from me.

The only thing is, despite Acapulco being just 6 hours behind the UK, our coverage starts at 10pm over here, so that's 4pm over there - these North Americans and their 'late night tennis', eh. I was expecting it to be on around 11am over there which meant I could watch most of it when back from work around 5pm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts