Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
43,529 Posts
Buzarnescu withdrew
How about Caro, Simona and Elise? Jelena withdrew from Linz last year despite still playing in Beijing. So they should be able to pull out as well. :shrug:

Of course Buzarnescu chose to play in her beloved ITF rather than a WTA Premier :hearts:
One doesn’t really have to understand her decision :rolls: I wonder if she will stay in Doha alts (with good chances to still enter MD) or look for another option. :spit: Even so her schedule could be Midland-FC (Cluj)-Doha-Budapest

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I really hope they would give a wild card to zvonareva who is one of the most successful women tennis player of their own country.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
What's the qualies cut-off?

Amina Anshba and Elena Rybakina have confirmed they are playing qualies on their instagrams.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So Kiki will face "bye" in 1st round.

Tough match against 'bye' I feel that 'bye' could cause an upset and send mladenovic home with her #16 loss in a row, but it will be tight for sure, it really depends on the mental strength of 'bye'

Could be fun if both Halep and Woz played and had a rematch of the final (unlikely to happen...but)

·
Registered
23,081 Posts
Tough match against 'bye' I feel that 'bye' could cause an upset and send mladenovic home with her #16 loss in a row, but it will be tight for sure, it really depends on the mental strength of 'bye'

Could be fun if both Halep and Woz played and had a rematch of the final (unlikely to happen...but)
What a clever joke, it TOTALLY has not been said 15 times already at least, WOW, revolutionary, you are a genius, one of a kind

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seeing as Vikhlyantseva is in qualis and Zvonareva is not, is it safe to assume that Zvonareva has a WC?

If Sharapova or Venus were getting MDWC the surely Zvonareva would be in Q, be it through ranking or QWC.

·
Registered
53,691 Posts
Has Sabalenka withdrawn or is the in the main draw? Ranked higher than Watson, but no sign of her in the qualies.
She announced today she has hired Magnus Norman (former ATP player and Wawrinka ex-coach). She has withdrawn from St.Petersburg & Doha Q, I guess to train together and get to know each other before hitting the road again.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
She announced today she has hired Magnus Norman (former ATP player and Wawrinka ex-coach). She has withdrawn from St.Petersburg & Doha Q, I guess to train together and get to know each other before hitting the road again.
Cheers. I did see some stuff on Twitter about Norman but is that official or just speculation that she was in a pic with him and putting 2 and 2 together since she split with her coach the other day. You'd imagine it would be, but was just wondering if it had been confirmed.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts