Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
61,954 Posts
Bencic won the ITF here, so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a MDWC :).

·
Registered
23,081 Posts
they have Natalia on their list of players who are playing :shrug:

I guess Halep, Wozniacki probably Mertens too, will either withdraw or show up and lose round 1 :shrug:

·
Registered
43,529 Posts
Hard to see Simona, Caroline or Elise coming here after their successful Open already. :shrug:
Mladenovic and Makarova will have a quick turnaround as well after the Doubles final on Friday, but I am fairly certain that both of them will come.
Buzarnescu still in alts? She is also on the list for the 100k in Midland. So I would think she is MDO or has withdrawn from here. :shrug:
Such a shame to see Friedsam and Konjuh out. :eek:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hard to see Simona, Caroline or Elise coming here after their successful Open already. :shrug:
Mladenovic and Makarova will have a quick turnaround as well after the Doubles final on Friday, but I am fairly certain that both of them will come.
Buzarnescu still in alts? She is also on the list for the 100k in Midland. So I would think she is MDO or has withdrawn from here. :shrug:
Such a shame to see Friedsam and Konjuh out. :eek:
Plus Vesnina, who took a WC.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Most of the tournaments hype their main stars who entered it, Help and La Borz are their anticipated 1 and 2 seeds. It's Wednesday Jan 31 when 4 highest seeds with byes start it. We don't know if Caro and Simo have any obligations to the tournie, but it's enough time to come to Europe. Still, Halep is doubtful to appear there because of her ankle issue and Woz is very likely to make it to the AO final. Playing it didn't stop Venus to come to Russia last year, though. If any of them wouldn't come, it means Mladenovic would have a bye. And my guess it would happen, I just can't say who refuses to come, Wozniacki or Halep. Might be both of them. I lean towards La Borz to skip it.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts