·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Pervushina and Kalinskaya got MDWC

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Also Sasnovich and Sabalenka are on the Q list it seems.

Pervushina and Kalinskaya got MDWC
Weird that they announced both standard WCs, before Kuznetsova made a final decision. One of the two will be snubbed if Kuznetsova will wanna play. Most likely will decide after her Friday match in Tianjin, depending on other Singapore contenders results I guess. :shrug:

Also, that kinda means that if there are other top players that demand WCs, except for the 2 x Top 20 ones (probably first in order, if more than 2 requests), they might not give them one.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Weird that they announced both standard WCs, before Kuznetsova made a final decision. One of the two will be snubbed if Kuznetsova will wanna play. Most likely will decide after her Friday match in Tianjin, depending on other Singapore contenders results I guess. :shrug:

Also, that kinda means that if there are other top players that demand WCs, except for the 2 x Top 20 ones (probably first in order, if more than 2 requests), they might not give them one.
Sveta will take TOP 20 WC ;)

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Sveta will take TOP 20 WC ;)
They're fools if they think that and should know such basic stuff, given their positions .

Kuznetsova was #25 at 2015 season end.

A standard WC is the only option for her, even with the ones who opted out of being top 10 commitment players.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
Also Sasnovich and Sabalenka are on the Q list it seems.

I can see Keys and Muguruza asking for top 20 wild cards, just to make sure that Konta (who isn't a designated top 20 player) can't get a wild card to play Moscow. Moscow might not give Konta a wild card anyway, even if there was one available.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
So is there a possibility of Kalinskaya getting her MDWC withdrawn? Her ranking I think should be enough for direct entry into qualies. She is defending 13 points here from a win in qualies last year.

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
So is there a possibility of Kalinskaya getting her MDWC withdrawn? Her ranking I think should be enough for direct entry into qualies. She is defending 13 points here from a win in qualies last year.
Yes. Either Kalinskaya or Pervushina will get their MDWC withdrawn, if Kuznetsova beats Osaka tomorrow for sure. Unless they'll snub Kuznetsova herself of a WC, but that wouldn't end up well :) , not that the other situation would end up great either.

The only non-scandal situation which I can see would be Kuznetsova losing tomorrow or not wanting a WC even if she wins.

Kalinskaya surely made the Q list if she signed up.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Kafelnikov says 99% Konta will get a Moscow MDWC :eek: , meaning both initially announced WCs might get snubbed :hysteric: (considering a Kuznetsova win vs. Osaka in Tianjin) .

I sincerely hope so. She had already pulled out of two ITFs next week and she posted a photo on IG from inside the Moscow arena today.
100% she made it if she signed up and didn't withdraw by who knows what stupid reason.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts