·
Registered
2,838 Posts
No Bartoli? Thought she had MDWC

Also no Azarenka SR here, is she assuming WC as previous winner like IW maybe

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I know that - it was #22, actually. My question is why she entered Miami with a WC and not her Special Ranking.
Yeah, I'm curious about the thought process behind this too. Why not use your eight SR tournaments first, because you'll still get all the WCs you want after the SR runs out anyway?

·
Registered
635 Posts
No Bartoli? Thought she had MDWC

Also no Azarenka SR here, is she assuming WC as previous winner like IW maybe
Is Vika actually able to leave California yet? I know there was a big step forward made in her case, but I don't know if the appeals process has been exhausted yet.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Strangely, I've found myself (very much usually a sincere bye-hater) surprisingly OK with the 32-bye system. It keeps Premier Mandatories at a healthy level above any other tournament, but just below grand slams, and because of using a 128-type draw, the top 32 seeds can't end up in a tournament's advanced stages by winning just one or two matches (which is what I hate about byes in 32/64–player draws).

Plus, with the results in IW so far, it seems to be leaving players who've played that extra round (or three, if a qualifier) better equipped to play an entertaining and competitive match with the seeded player (and maybe get the upset).

1 - 20 of 110 Posts