Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,758 Posts
Danyell once again entering these post-Wimbledon clay events is so random, but maybe she's realized they're a good opportunity to get points. Barbora seems quite serious about her comeback too. I was hoping Paula would play one of these tournaments too but she can always take a wildcard.

Reactions: okay888

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
DRC of course won two events at this time last year, so has quite a few points to defend.
Not exactly sure if this was one of them.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Solid list - although I am sure they would have wanted Kerber
Agree with Dan-yel here rather than Palermo - he first tour win and where she seemed delighted to play …

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,758 Posts
DRC of course won two events at this time last year, so has quite a few points to defend.
Not exactly sure if this was one of them.
No her first win was in Palermo, which is the same week as this one, so it's a rather odd choice.

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
No her first win was in Palermo, which is the same week as this one, so it's a rather odd choice.
Poor Palermo. I’m sure they would have loved to have Danyell back to defend her title.

Ruthless Danyell :beat:

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Epic draw for a WTA250.
4 Top 25 players, 6 top 40 players. Insane quality.

Palermo WTA250 in same week:
0 Top 25 players, 3 top 40 players. MUCH worse in comparison. Any of the top players in Hamburg could probably win Palermo straight. German tournaments are just much better organized, and there is MUCH better weather, Palermo can be 30C+ and sunny with no shade during this time of the year. I'd go to Hamburg as well..

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Not sure what Kostyuk is doing here with 5 Russian/Belarussians already in the MD. In Palermo, there are 0 for comparison. Why did she choose to go here if the war is so important to her and she wants Russians not able to be allowed to play? With 5, there is a high chance she will draw one of them eventually, and the last time she played one she left the court mid-match when things weren't going her way.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Not sure what Kostyuk is doing here with 5 Russian/Belarussians already in the MD. In Palermo, there are 0 for comparison. Why did she choose to go here if the war is so important to her and she wants Russians not able to be allowed to play? With 5, there is a high chance she will draw one of them eventually, and the last time she played one she left the court mid-match when things weren't going her way.
I doubt she is planning her WHOLE schedule or life around not having any kind of interface with Russian players.

Reactions: martin90

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,758 Posts
I doubt she is planning her WHOLE schedule or life around not having any kind of interface with Russian players.
She acts like she is whenever it's convenient for her to get attention though....

Reactions: Aganim
1 - 12 of 12 Posts