·
Registered
699 Posts
Niculescu in Q?

·
Registered
30,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zvonareva withdrew. So unlucky for her that she broke the top hundred and then can't play for months. She still has a chance to pad her ranking before defending major points in Moscow (and then St. Petersburg), but will need to get healthy soon.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I would be surprised to see on court the two Canadians, Bianca still not recovered and Genie.. well, nothing to recover!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would be surprised to see on court the two Canadians, Bianca still not recovered and Genie.. well, nothing to recover!
She wants matches before Toronto, but you are right, she might not go there since she'll likely want to take it slower.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I hope Gauff doesn't play. The hype will cause all the casuals to come out and it will be crowded as fu%k. Oh well, I'll just to have to go a day she is not playing.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I hope Gauff doesn't play. The hype will cause all the casuals to come out and it will be crowded as fu%k. Oh well, I'll just to have to go a day she is not playing.
Maybe only in qualifying so you can hope she gets beaten early.

·
Registered
14,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
yes, it is only qualifying. She is a qualifying alternate and can not get a WC
She's still 20 out of the QD. Awful scheduling by her team, looks like they care more about her publicity than her matchplay.

She would have had a much greater chance of getting into San Jose - she'd only be a few spots out of qualifying now so likely to squeeze in. So now she has to go to Washington to do some dumb promo and not play any tennis.

·
Registered
35,751 Posts
She's still 20 out of the QD. Awful scheduling by her team, looks like they care more about her publicity than her matchplay.

She would have had a much greater chance of getting into San Jose - she'd only be a few spots out of qualifying now so likely to squeeze in. So now she has to go to Washington to do some dumb promo and not play any tennis.
Her ranking is better than the qualifying cutoff for the last three years at this event, so she still might be able to sneak in. Worst case there's always the Bronx.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts