Tennis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
82,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
ITF updated.

Official: Cibulkova out, Zheng and Rodionova/Rodionova in.

Niculescu still on the list.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
My inside source (on Niculescu) didn't give me any wrong info till now and I kinda expected the withdrawal, as other Romanians speculated as well (before yesterday when she allegedly made the final call) .

·
Registered
25,450 Posts
After Zheng there's Osaka, Mattek-Sands, Riske, Rybarikova and then Arruabarrena.

And Osaka has never played Fed Cup.
With Zheng in and Niculescu out (even not yet officially), the next eligible player would be Arruabarrena for Spain, right? Who would be be the next few alternates after her? Thanks a lot in advance!! :D

·
82,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Going by the universality rule it would be Kontaveit and Sasnovich. Going by the rankings it would be Arruabarrena and Shvedova.

After midnight it will be Shvedova and Krunic.

·
82,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
why after midnight??
Reallocations will be allowed until 23:59 Rio de Janeiro time (GMT-4) on Tuesday 2nd August 2016. After this, the ITF will replace any withdrawals with players/teams already onsite though not yet competing in that event.

·
Registered
26,582 Posts
So basically if a player is playing singles and also doubles pulls out after the deadline, it is pretty much assured that the doubles draw will have BYEs?

Because I don't know if any countries have 2 players just playing singles and nothing else to replace them
Radwanska/Linette could, but who knows if they actually would.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Niculescu's "final" decision will be made tomorrow, after an MRI in Switzerland, even though she said when I first posted that she will not go.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,815 Posts
But Hsieh in the Draw vs Caro? :confused:

81 - 100 of 101 Posts