Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,3513193^2902,00.html

31dec01

SHE is one of the most lusted-after women in sport. He is the Latin Lothario whose love songs have melted a million hearts. Together, their sexual chemistry should have been explosive.

But when tennis pin-up Anna Kournikova came face-to-face with Enrique Iglesias on the set of his latest video, the pop star son of legendary Spanish crooner Julio Iglesias baulked at the 20-year-old Russian temptress's less-than-perfect complexion.
After filming introductory shots at Hollywood's Universal City Walk shopping mall, the couple disappeared into a closed set to record the long, lingering kiss that was to be the climax of the promotional video for Iglesias's forthcoming single, Escape.

The crew waited outside as the cameras rolled. But Enrique, 26, emerged alone to complain to director Dave Myers that he couldn't kiss Kournikova.

Enrique said he was a little uncomfortable about the zits around her mouth.

Make-up crews were rushed on to the set to mask the tennis starlet's blemishes.

Insiders said Kournikova appeared crippled by nerves at the start of last week's shoot and at one point dissolved into tears after being told her pimples turned Enrique off.

The day's filming was made all the more tense by Kournikova's late arrival at an interior shoot in Long Beach the previous evening.

But the problems with the video shoot will surely prove to be only a glitch in her ambition to become a Hollywood actor once her tennis career is over.

Although she has never won a major tournament, her cover-girl looks and sex appeal have made her the world's most recognised, most photographed and most marketable female athlete.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
OMG.... what a nasty thing to do... I never liked Enrique anyway! :( :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey 'Riq, I've got 2 words for you:

Ricky Martin.

:p

As if! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
his loss

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
OMG...

He is so rude! The only reason were he is today is because of his father.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I know
I posted this a few days ago.
Enrique sucks!

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
for Enrique...

Anna should have retorted and complained about his irritating mole...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
For the first time in my life, I feel a little sorry for Anna ;)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Booo Enrique.

I never liked his s**tty music anyway!
How Rude.

Anna is gorgeous :hearts: ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Enrique has never been appreciated in Spain, if has become famous is because of his father,who is completely stupid too!
Go Anna!

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
LOL, it's a funny story. Since she turned 14 Anna has been used to all men worshipping her. It must have sent her into shock to be rejected by a man!

I also disagree that Anna necessarily has a good future ahead in films. She is a great model, but look at the fate of the films done by other great models and you will see that modelling and acting are two different things. taht's not to say she couldn't learn, just that Hollywood success is not a sure thing for any beauty.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Thanks for the nice pictures Gallofa! Both Enrique and Anna look great. From what I understand, MTV will premiere the video on January 29 along with a making of the video @ that time. Perhaps we will get to see what really happened!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
The "vained" looked at the "vained" and the result came out something ugly! :(

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm sure Anna knows that she is beautiful. I'm also sure that many people tell her that. So she acted rather immature by crying and getting all upset about it. Though maybe I should give her a break, after all it must be a shock for her to discover that someone is capable of being more vain than herself.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Thanx for the pics!
Anna looks great there, Enrique shouldn't complain ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well I don't know about everybody else, but I certainly wouldn't kiss somebody that had bumps or whatever around their mouth, and I didn't know them. I don't care how beautiful and famous they are. Unless I knew the person well enough to know it isn't contagious then I'd just assume it's better to be safe than sorry. No bash on Anna. I actually like her despite what her fellow russians have to say. I'm sure it wasn't anything like that, but Enrique is looking out for his own interest. Give the guy a break. Just because Anna plays tennis and has fans doesn't exclude her as a human being. I've seen the guy in interviews and he seems pretty nice to me. He always gives his fans hugs and has nice things to say about everyone.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts