Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we really need people acting like 12 and 13 year olds around here?

Four letter words directed at other posters should have no place on a tennis board.

Ditto for using them in thread titles as well.

If there is a policy on this it needs to be enforced. If not there needs to be a policy.

If it's just me let me know, but IMO this is starting to ruin the board.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Rollo said:

Four letter words directed at other posters should have no place on a tennis board.

If there is a policy on this it needs to be enforced. If not there needs to be a policy.

Yeah. I admit, I went overboard and I apologise for my behaviour. It was highly inconsiderate and I hope I didn't cause much damage. :wavey:

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
i'm with rollo here
it's alright to have differences in opinions
but personal attacks are definitely a no-no

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Excellent post.
But Car Key Boi still has diplomatic immunity and can call anyone a "tard"...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
And what is with those who are 12 or 13 years old? Aren´t they allowed to act their age anymore? :confused: :tape:

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Nope.
Admins only come after you if you give a player a cute nickname, but in general they seem to let people say all the f*cking sh*t they want on this board.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,157 Posts
I had a summer job this summer that didn't afford me much time to jump on line....but as soon as I got back to college I came straight here and noticed that A LOT of potty-mouthed-posters have popped up! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Rollo, IMO the mean-spiritedness is the key, but you've chosen to serve as a moderator for a board that, in web parlance, is after "eyeballs". And after all, generating "more heat than light" increases hits, post totals, etc. So do you really expect any different atmosphere? :rolleyes: And even with that fancy new Admin reply form, my well meant suggestions to them re. protecting the board re. the overuse of (largely unregulated) picture posting, thread titles flaming pwerful media co's, etc. go ignored. So I then posted a gripe NOT AGAINST ADS HERE, BUT ONLY A PARTICULAR ONE (in the B&E forum). The thread was quickly deleted and I got a PM from an Admin. saying (in nice words) basically STFU. My PM reply that it wasn't about ads, but THAT ad, was ignored, of course). :(

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
Rollo said:

It's not just you :worship:.

·
Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
Rollo said:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Until there is CONSISTENCY in moderating the bad words then I am all for freedom of speech in using them.

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Dawn, I still believe it's not a word like "fuck" or "bitch" but the context of a post. Kart and Infiniti, I'm sure Rollo appreciates your sentiments, BUT: as stated above, there's a "Berlin Wall" mentality here, where the attitude (which the fancy new feedback form hasn't changed one bit) is essentially a Catch 22: if it's board policy related, write us (just don't expect an answer). Well Poe and Amanda, here's a little more advice that will not only probably go unheeded, but may get me warned re. being suspended or whatever: as any teacher can tell you, kids rise (or decline!) to the general level of your expectations. So if you want posters to stop endangering the board by posting a zillion "uncleared" photos, using inflammatory language about networks who may feel thread titles could incite violence, etc., goddammit, talk to the board in stickies or whatever like adults (even young ones)! 80 or 90 percent will listen, the rest can be replaced soon enough.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,823 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Dawn, I still believe it's not a word like "fuck" or "bitch" but the context of a post. Kart and Infiniti, I'm sure Rollo appreciates your sentiments, BUT: as stated above, there's a "Berlin Wall" mentality here, where the attitude (which the fancy new feedback form hasn't changed one bit) is essentially a Catch 22: if it's board policy related, write us (just don't expect an answer). Well Poe and Amanda, here's a little more advice that will not only probably go unheeded, but may get me warned re. being suspended or whatever: as any teacher can tell you, kids rise (or decline!) to the general level of your expectations. So if you want posters to stop endangering the board by posting a zillion "uncleared" photos, using inflammatory language about networks who may feel thread titles could incite violence, etc., goddammit, talk to the board in stickies or whatever like adults (even young ones)! 80 or 90 percent will listen, the rest can be replaced soon enough.
A darn fucking good post :worship: :hearts: :lol: :tape:

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
The curse words in the context of a post don't bother me nearly as much as the threads that quickly degenerate into two or more posters simply cursing each other out.

What is the use of moderators if not to try to create a board for tennis DISCUSSIONS rather than for puerile fights between posters which are, additionally, repetitive and totally boring to all but the few participants, who seem to relish them. :p

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
janie said:
The curse words in the context of a post don't bother me nearly as much as the threads that quickly degenerate into two or more posters simply cursing each other out.

What is the use of moderators if not to try to create a board for tennis DISCUSSIONS rather than for puerile fights between posters which are, additionally, repetitive and totally boring to all but the few participants, who seem to relish them. :p
:worship:

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
IMO "it was a f*cking good match" isn't nearly as bad "f*ck you, idiot" after 'the idiot' said something benign about someone's fave.

In fact, I'd really like to see more threads mentioning "f*cking good matches". ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.