Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in England confirm the drought situation?

If the Big W can't water the lawns, and it stays dry this make the grass play more like a hard court. This would favor any number of players!

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
Nope ... they won't be able to water the lawns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although they cannot use hosepipes which feed of the mains water supply, this does not prevent them importing water using tankers from elsewhere (as several golf courses are doing for their greens) and attaching a hose to it.

They could although it will be time consuming, water all of the courts by hand, i.e. with a watering can.

Thus, it is possible that the courts will be left unwatered it is unlikely.

:)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
HAHA no rain for wimbledon...?!!? If theres no rain that grass is gonna be crap!!

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
Justine Fan said:
Nope ... they won't be able to water the lawns.
Yes they are there hasn't been a ban on sports grounds yet! One of the commentators at Queens said they could.

·
Banned
3,492 Posts
They may have a their own bore hole? I don't know, but I'd have thought there would be a contingency plan. In the UK it is legal to water whatever you want if you have your own bore hole! Just recently a ghastly MP was caught out watering his estate because he made sure he had his own bore hole. While his neighbours watched their gardens whither.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wimbledon does what they want, a hosepipe ban isnt going to stop them :lol: Wimbledon make their own rules up!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Petrol said:
Although they cannot use hosepipes which feed of the mains water supply, this does not prevent them importing water using tankers from elsewhere (as several golf courses are doing for their greens) and attaching a hose to it.

They could although it will be time consuming, water all of the courts by hand, i.e. with a watering can.
Yep, that method, and getting Zvonareva playing on as many courts as pos:crying2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts