Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be interesting to see who's moved up or down in the rankings since the end of last year. So here's where they finished last year, where they are now and the difference! ;)

Kristie Boogert 141 202 -61 :sad:
Seda Noorlander 166 120 +46 :D :yippee:
Anousjka van Exel 216 246 -30 :sad:
Amanda Hopmans 284 retired :sad:
Marielle Hoogland 288 366 -78 :sad:
Jolanda Mens 300 433 -133 :sad: :eek:
Andrea vd Hurk 457 400 +57 :D :yippee:
Michelle Gerards 470 371 +99 :D :yippee: (surprised actually)
Tessy vd Ven 492 406 +86 :D :yippee:
Lotty Seelen 569 427 +142 :D :yippee:
Suzanne van Hartingsveldt 585 516 +69 :D :yippee:
Anouk Sterk 645 - retired??
Kim Kilsdonk 693 500 +193 :D :yippee:
Silvana Bauer 765 retired :sad:
Leonne Muller van Moppes 900 887 +13
Pauline Wong 955 893 +62 :D :yippee:
Inge de Geest 961 - retired??
Kika Hogendoorn 968 844 +124 :D :yippee:
Elise Tamaela 990 277 +713 :eek: :D :yippee: :woohoo:
Kristel vd Tillaart 1043 980 +63 :D :yippee:
Domi van Boekel 1069 786 +283 :D
Thamara Jonkman 1151 - retired??

There seems to be alot of retirements - remember last year we also had the retirement of Miriam Oremans, Susanne Trik and Yvette Basting. Now Amanda Hopmans and Silvana Bauer! At least 5 players in 2 years! :sad: Plus quite a few more who just haven't played this year. But there are a few more +'s than I thought there would be. Although alot of them are quite meaningless so to say. While moving up 63 places is good, it doesn't seem so good when you are still only ranked 980 in the world, for example. Not to try and diss their achievement, but I mean Elise has done brilliantly, Michelle has also done OK. Seda's having a good year and Tessy started out well, but it's gone bad at the moment - so many 1st round losses! :sad: I think it will be lucky to finish the year with 2 Dutch players inside the top 200 - and still no one looking like making the top 100 this year! Maybe Elise will in the next couple of years, but other than her I don't see much hope. :sad:

Bring on Michaela! Dutch tennis needs another great player! ;)

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
lol +713 just looks ridiculous ;) :eek: :yippee: damn I really almost typed :martindance: :eek:Hope she won't get the Anousja-syndrom tho ;)

Love your comment next to Michelle's name! I'd say the same ;)

In all it seems we can only be happy with Seda and Elise! (and Michaella of course - for the future ;))

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adnil said:
lol +713 just looks ridiculous ;) :eek: :yippee: damn I really almost typed :martindance: :eek:Hope she won't get the Anousja-syndrom tho ;)

Love your comment next to Michelle's name! I'd say the same ;)

In all it seems we can only be happy with Seda and Elise! (and Michaella of course - for the future ;))
lol hey, next week, the +713 would be +750! I think Elise won't get the Anousjka syndrome coz she's still only young and so has lots of time to break into the top 200! ;)

I was surprised to see that Michelle hads moved up 99 places. I didn't think she'd done that much this year really. I still hope she can at least get into the top 250. That would be nice, but I don't see it happening that soon. :sad:

It's quite frustrating, because alot of the Dutchies started off the year well (Tessy, Suzanne, Kim) and now they seem to have stopped and are going backwards again! ALso, I don't know what's happened to Marielle this last year and a half! She was doing so well, almost in the top 200 I think, and now she's nearly out of the top 400!

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a few years for Michaella to come up the rankings. :sad: Hopefully she'll be able to do it though!

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frau Antje said:
this is what I wanna see :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
(but at the moment it seems she is trying to reach her old level again) :rolleyes: :confused: :(

yeah but she has been injured! She's still doing OK! moving up 193 in half a year is good! :D Hopefully she can get herself well into the top 500 by the end of the year!

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
inkyfan said:
lol hey, next week, the +713 would be +750! I think Elise won't get the Anousjka syndrome coz she's still only young and so has lots of time to break into the top 200! ;)

I was surprised to see that Michelle hads moved up 99 places. I didn't think she'd done that much this year really. I still hope she can at least get into the top 250. That would be nice, but I don't see it happening that soon. :sad:

It's quite frustrating, because alot of the Dutchies started off the year well (Tessy, Suzanne, Kim) and now they seem to have stopped and are going backwards again! ALso, I don't know what's happened to Marielle this last year and a half! She was doing so well, almost in the top 200 I think, and now she's nearly out of the top 400!

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a few years for Michaella to come up the rankings. :sad: Hopefully she'll be able to do it though!
The ladies look like Sjeng Schalken turned around then ;) He usually does crap the first half of the year and from grass on he plays good! (ok, not yet on hardcourt this year :mad: )

I still hope Michelle can become good too, but I don't know...it seems she had 'tennisparents' who always knew better than her coaches etc...must be hard to find your way then!

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frau Antje said:
she doesn't have to defend many points, so maybe she can hold top 500
Yes, I think she should be able to. Hopefully she will come to Australia again and play the $25k circuit at the end of the year. They usually have weaker fields as alot of players want to finish for Christmas. ;) She could pick up a few points there.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adnil said:
The ladies look like Sjeng Schalken turned around then ;) He usually does crap the first half of the year and from grass on he plays good! (ok, not yet on hardcourt this year :mad: )

I still hope Michelle can become good too, but I don't know...it seems she had 'tennisparents' who always knew better than her coaches etc...must be hard to find your way then!
lolMaybe they swap their form with each other! ;)

It must be hard for Michelle if she has tennisparents - but well, she's still only 19(or20?), so she does have time to move up. She's into the QF this week in Koksijde! :D

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
inkyfan said:
lolMaybe they swap their form with each other! ;)

It must be hard for Michelle if she has tennisparents - but well, she's still only 19(or20?), so she does have time to move up. She's into the QF this week in Koksijde! :D
I hope she does move up, she was our biggest talent for long!

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frau Antje said:
ok, I will tell her to play there ;) :angel:
hehe tell her to play in Mt. Gambier coz I will probably go to that one! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts