Tennis Forum banner

Emma's General Gossip Thread (Non-Tennis Related)

85033 Views 834 Replies 77 Participants Last post by  aca99da
Post any gossip, articles, social media activity or interviews concerning Emma NOT related to her tennis career in here.
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 835 Posts
I'll start us off.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Daily Mail articles are going to be featured quite heavily in this thread.. :oh:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I'll start us off.

I would rate the chance of this story bring true (ie Emma unfollowing this HRVY guy because he got a girlfriend) at about 5%. 😂
  • Haha
I strongly disagree with the existence of this thread, I think it will feed the trolls and the haters.
I strongly disagree with the existence of this thread, I think it will feed the trolls and the haters.
They are not allowed to post in player forums - when they do the mods take swift actions to delete.
How 'bout that article of emmz stating that she's planning to become a lawyer & was already finding law schools but had to halt it because of her surprising rise & wins on tour.??
How 'bout that article of emmz stating that she's planning to become a lawyer & was already finding law schools but had to halt it because of her surprising rise & wins on tour.??
Did you write that one yourself? ;)
Nope i actually found an article but dunno how to post article link in this forum?
@Nerves of Jelly
Yep that one.,what do u think.?,how true is that?,,it would actually be nice to see a lawyer emma in the future once she decides to quit tennis..,,cause it fits her...
Yep that one.,what do u think.?,how true is that?,,it would actually be nice to see a lawyer emma in the future once she decides to quit tennis..,,cause it fits her...
I've not seen that article before, but it's good that she has options. With professional sport, nothing is guaranteed. Health permitting, she'll hopefully have a long career, but if something were to happen, at least she has options. You see a lot of athletes that have done nothing but dedicate their entire life to their craft, only to have nothing to fall back on if they fail to make it as a pro or get injured and are forced to retire.

She was also quoted as saying during her LTA homecoming event after the US Open, that if she does decide to pursue further education at University/College, then she'll either take online classes whilst competing or wait until she retires before taking that next step.
Looks like the original article was in The Sun which is one of our worst "news" papers, wouldn't believe a word they print and this time is no different - everything I've read (or heard in interviews with Emma) she was planning her career in tennis, not applying to universities, and her second choice of career was finance, not law.
Reactions: 4
Nope i actually found an article but dunno how to post article link in this forum?
@Nerves of Jelly
You can just copy/paste the URL into the message, or use the link button (next to the paper clip icon - or press CTRL+k).
Looks like the original article was in The Sun which is one of our worst "news" papers, wouldn't believe a word they print and this time is no different - everything I've read (or heard in interviews with Emma) she was planning her career in tennis, not applying to universities, and her second choice of career was finance, not law.
I wouldn't trust half the stuff printed out there either, unless I saw it for myself.

There was an interview where she said she'd probably do something in finance. However, I saw another interview where she'd said she'd consider law if she wasn't playing tennis.
Not convinced by this. Look at what she studied in her A-levels: Maths and Economics. No real link with law there at all.
Not convinced by this. Look at what she studied in her A-levels: Maths and Economics. No real link with law there at all.
You have a point there,,maybe that interview of her saying she'd like to pursue law is what she really likes & wants to do(u know like when where ask as a child what do u want to be when u grow up thing?),,but since her parents are into finance she went practical & go with it(her a levels in eco & math) because she's good with it also..
have you guys heard that Nick Kyrgios tried to hook up Emma,his ex-gf said “yessss so gross “to this rumor,interesting😂but i dont like him at all🤷‍♀️Wish it’s just a fake rumor
  • Wow
No need to speculate, hear from the horses mouth. Time stamped but 2;11 in:

Of all the sightseeing she could have done after the US Open she chose the NY Stock Exchange, and in the video of that visit she was clearly interested and enthusiastic - I don't think she's just being practical.
1 - 20 of 835 Posts