·
Registered
20,938 Posts
Romanian ethnic?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some biographical information. Not, as you might expect, from the Bromley Times, or from a British newspaper at all, but from a Romanian source.

Raducanu | Romania Tenis

Google translate: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://romaniatenis.ro/tag/raducanu

Entire article:

A future Romanian represents UK
Dani Lazarus Junior

UPDATE: Emma led the way surprise: 6-1 6-4 in the final with British John-Baptiste. Romanian roots had player get such first title in 13 years ITF !!!

Englishwoman Emma Răducanu, the Romanian paternal half play Saturday in the final of a tournament juvenile ITF Circuit, although only a few days turned 13. Emma lives in the UK but spends the holidays at grandma from Romania, by participating, inter alia, BCR Tenis10 this week debuting thanks to a wild card at an ITF tournament juvenile, held at Liverpool in Albion. She had a great journey in the semifinals going beyond Irish derivation, 6-1, 6-2, carried her last act in the way the British John-Baptiste (16), the favorite one. emma2
At the Nike International Junior Liverpool - Tournament Grade 5 - two Romanian women participated and 100% Alessia Ciucã and Laura Cazacu, leaving the main board since the inaugural tour.
Emma, ​​who admired Chinese woman Li Na, can boast already Trophy International, obtained from Zoetermer - this season - or Braga - 2014 Circuit Tennis Europe, but worth mentioning is the No. 5 Orange Bowl U12, held last year in Miami.

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
Some biographical information. Not, as you might expect, from the Bromley Times, or from a British newspaper at all, but from a Romanian source.

Raducanu | Romania Tenis

Google translate: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://romaniatenis.ro/tag/raducanu

Entire article:
Ty for clarification. Raducanu is 100% a Romanian prime name so i knew that at least her father is Romanian. She even has a Romanian look. Hope she does well in the future. I will try to keep an eye on her.

Ps: It wasn't necessary to translate an article from Romanian to english. :p

·
Registered
20,938 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Congrats Emma, immpressive week with wins over much older girls! :eek: :bowdown:

Last week, she won the Cat. 3 G14 in London, on her birthday :awww:

Today's title is her 3rd singles title this year, as she had won another Cat. 3 G14 in the Netherlands in Feb ;)

·
Premium Member
62,791 Posts
What a week for Emma :eek: :hearts:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Last year when Emma played the U12 Orange Bowl where she lost in the 1st round to Whitney Osuigwe (who's since won a G4 title this year and pushed the semi-finalist Levashova this week at the GA tournament in Mexico) & she ended up winning the title, but it's also worth noting that Emma then won 10 straight matches to win the U12 consolation draw. Obviously not as good as the actual title but still a great effort. :yeah:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Emma is up to a new CHR of 1125 (+1246) this week :)

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Lost 2nd set. Emma's serve and backhand seem error rone, but always but a ince, so she nets a lot of balls an inch or two below the net. Her opponent is a lot taller too.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Emma loses 6-0 3-6 4-6.

Her serve just fell appart, she literally must have had a serving % of 20 in the 2nd and 3rd sets, but in a way that if she was 3 inches taller it would hae been a lot of good serves just over the net.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Emma loses 6-0 3-6 4-6.

Her serve just fell appart, she literally must have had a serving % of 20 in the 2nd and 3rd sets, but in a way that if she was 3 inches taller it would hae been a lot of good serves just over the net.
:crying2:

If it's any consolation, she and Holly are still in the doubles.

The winning streak comes to an end. No Sniguring at the back.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too late:(.

I know, I know. But I wanted to post some biographical info, and I thought, if it's not in her own thread, I'll never know where to find it again.

I'm not sure Emma's playing any more meaningful events this year, and then after she's lost in R1 at Tarbes(*) next year to some unknown local wild card, probably no one will post in the thread again for 3 years, or something...

(*) She may have to qualify, if we don't do reciprocal wild cards
Well she did lose in R1 of Tarbes, though not to a wild card. There now follows three years of thread inactivity, broken after she reaches the SF of a G4 and someone asks whatever happened to her.

1 - 20 of 587 Posts