Tennis Forum banner
7641 - 7660 of 7715 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I remembered that Emma's hitting partner Raymond is an alumnus of USC and part of the coaching roster so if @AceInSpades has any local contacts, they might get a glimpse of Emma at the USC Tennis Pavilion, where Ray can probably get a staff discount on court hire. It's quite central and Emma could be staying somewhere downtown.
She easily could have gone to DC/MD and train at the same facility Tiafoe had in his younger days. Plenty of hard courts there, both indoors and outdoors, and just a stone's throw away from the Citi Open.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
yeah..she has been unusually quiet. Previously she atleast used to post some gym or practice clips on insta stories. But atleast going by that tweet, it certainly is a positive sign that she is practicing
I don’t think the presence or absence of clips means she’s not practicing. Like that is zero indication. There have been periods of time in which she was practicing but kept quiet. The fact that she was spotted practicing is just a confirmation, but even if she wasn’t, it would not mean that she is not practicing.
She surely started practicing as soon as her injury was fully ok.
There’s no reason at all to think otherwise.

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
Trying to catch up on the Emma news.

So did she go to FL then? I think that’s what I read in the social media thread. I wonder what part of FL she’s in. The conditions there are brutal this time of year but perfect for ‘East Coast’ preparations.

Fill me in on anything else I may have missed since Sunday please 🙏🏻

Reactions: aca99da

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

So did she go to FL then? I think that’s what I read in the social media thread. I wonder what part of FL she’s in. The conditions there are brutal this time of year but perfect for ‘East Coast’ preparations.

IMG academy, Bradenton, Florida.
I’m glad she’s there because IMG has some of the best coaches and fitness trainers in the world. A lot of big players (like Williams sisters) trained there in the past

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
That’s encouraging to hear.

Reactions: Johnny0202

·
Registered
972 Posts

The big news is that Emma has coloured her hair, with the assistance of a leading hair colourist at John Frieda. Emma is now a 'multi-tonal brunette'.

Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
The big news is that Emma has coloured her hair, with the assistance of a leading hair colourist at John Frieda. Emma is now a 'multi-tonal brunette'.
So we can’t call her blonde just yet then? 😞

• Haha
Reactions: cricketbat

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
So we can’t call her blonde just yet then? 😞
No it’s basically her normal colour with some reflexes of lighter brown. From the front it’s a bit lighter than from the back I would say (at least it looks so in the video I linked you about her training at IMG). From the back it looks much more similar to her natural very dark hair colour. From the front in the photos she took at the hairdresser it definitely looks lighter brown. But it’s probably a matter of lighting too, so we will see in her next match.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
That’s encouraging to hear.
There’s also a video of her training in the gym at IMG, it’s on her insta stories (or also on the same twitter page I linked you in my previous post).
I’d say that twitter page “Emma Raducanu fans” ( @RaducanuNews on twitter) is the best of all fanpages. It doesn’t use her only for clicks, like other pages like Emma raducanu UK, it doesn’t rip off other people’s content, and it usually gives only reliable info.

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
BENCIC withdrew from Prague so Emma is guaranteed another week in the top ten :cheer:

Hopefully she can pick up her own points soon to put this waiting-for-other-players-to-lose thing to rest and even move up a few spots higher.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Finally, Emma’s hc singles campaign is about to start, for real.
There’s no point in worrying. Emma should definitely win in straights today. But if not, so be it.
I will take whatever happens. I will of course get nervous if Emma goes deep into this tournaments or the following ones…then of course in that case I will be a bit nervous in the big matches. But there’s no point in worrying now.
I still think Emma has good chances to do extremely well this hc season if she finds form, but she could also do poorly.
We don’t know.
She‘s just starting her career. She’s so young, she will bounce back next year regardless of this year’s results. Let’s just sit back and enjoy the show with no expectations. Maybe, really good things will happen. And if not, she will have many more chances in future years.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Yay, so happy for Emma. It’s nice that she usually wins her first round. I hope she can get a second win in a row. It’d only be the second time this year, wouldn’t it?
no..it would be 3rd time but first time on HC..she did have 2 wins in a tournament previously in Stuttgart, Madrid.

·
Registered
838 Posts
no..it would be 3rd time but first time on HC..she did have 2 wins in a tournament previously in Stuttgart, Madrid.
Wow she did have a pretty good clay season. Too bad it was ruined by various niggles. Speaking of niggles, I saw Emma stretching her back in the last game and she had me a little concerned. Hopefully she has a great physio to help her recover for Thursday!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Wow she did have a pretty good clay season. Too bad it was ruined by various niggles. Speaking of niggles, I saw Emma stretching her back in the last game and she had me a little concerned. Hopefully she has a great physio to help her recover for tomorrow!
I think this is applicable to almost entire Emma's season so far, not just clay season..injuries and fitness has been by far her biggest issue.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Wow she did have a pretty good clay season. Too bad it was ruined by various niggles. Speaking of niggles, I saw Emma stretching her back in the last game and she had me a little concerned. Hopefully she has a great physio to help her recover for Thursday!
I just rewatched the last game and she looked 100% fine physically to me. I think the month of rest and training has brought her to full fitness. Today she had nerves as she also admitted but physically she really looked fully ok

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I just rewatched the last game and she looked 100% fine physically to me. I think the month of rest and training has brought her to full fitness. Today she had nerves as she also admitted but physically she really looked fully ok
Yeah, I agree. She looked good through most of the match. I wouldn't be surprised if whatever she was suffering from mid-match in Set 1 took a lot of emotional energy out of her.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Yeah, I agree. She looked good through most of the match. I wouldn't be surprised if whatever she was suffering from mid-match in Set 1 took a lot of emotional energy out of her.
even though I was watching a replay, I was still bit scared when I saw Emma in the changeover during the middle of Set1...if I was watching it live, then I'd have thought Emma would have lost the match after seeing it. I was scared seeing her taking so many deep breaths continuously for nearly a minute

7641 - 7660 of 7715 Posts