Tennis Forum banner
7481 - 7500 of 7565 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello I'm new here

I've put my first post here because of the amazing welcome aca99da and others give newbies, but mainly to say this -

Its a marathon, not a sprint - anyone who has any doubts about what Emma is going to achieve in tennis should be reminded of the following :-

On the 26 July 2021 Iga Swiatek cried for nearly 10 mins at the Olympics after getting knocked out by Badosa (proper heart wrenching sobs that made it obvious how devastated she was).

Iga isn't doing too bad now.

Once Emma has sorted out her curious range of teething problems she will recalibrate and start to display where her ceiling is. It is up in the clouds with SAM not under the treatment table with Laura.

Have faith

Disclaimer - if Emma crashes a GoKart/Dirt Bike/F1 car or Fighter Jet and misses quite a large part of several seasons that is nothing to do with her tennis ability
Good points. and hilarious disclaimer. I am far from being the most senior EE member, but Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Hello I'm new here

I've put my first post here because of the amazing welcome aca99da and others give newbies, but mainly to say this -

Its a marathon, not a sprint - anyone who has any doubts about what Emma is going to achieve in tennis should be reminded of the following :-

On the 26 July 2021 Iga Swiatek cried for nearly 10 mins at the Olympics after getting knocked out by Badosa (proper heart wrenching sobs that made it obvious how devastated she was).

Once Emma has sorted out her curious range of teething problems she will recalibrate and start to display where her ceiling is. It is up in the clouds with SAM not under the treatment table with Laura.

Have faith

Disclaimer - if Emma crashes a GoKart/Dirt Bike/F1 car or Fighter Jet and misses quite a large part of several seasons that is nothing to do with her tennis ability
Hello I take a swig welcome to Emma's Empire I hope you have fun here. 🙂

I hope Emma doesn't crash a fighter jet because they go quite fast so I imagine if you crashed into a mountain in one you might be injured for quite some time, possibly at least two weeks. 😮😥

By the way what do you like taking a swig of? 😀

·
Registered
16 Posts
I take a swig is a guessing game.

If Emma did crash a fighter jet I would assume it would be on purpose as a Kamikaze gift to the world to rid it of a great evil.

Putin ?
The people who make bovril ?
And people of that ilk (Piers Morgan)

Iga Swiatek had two major injuries and two moments of complete oncourt meltdowns and turned out ok

Emma will be OK

Thank you for the welcomes

·
Registered
71 Posts
My friend Dan Dan the Harrier man did actually have to eject from his fighter (jump) jet - this was 20 or 30+ years ago now. Even though this was whilst doing a conventional takeoff and therefore he bounced down the runway In front of a ball of fire and debris that went past him, he miraculously escaped with relatively minor injuries and was back doing a low level night flying course a few months later. I think a Harrier cost £30Million or so back then so it is still the most expensive write off of a vehicle by any of my acquaintances. I only managed a Vauxhall Cavalier.
Thus even Emma might struggle to pay for the damage to her fighter jet these days if the insurance wouldn't cover it.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Hello I'm new here

Have faith

welcome to the forum :love:

Reactions: aca99da

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I take a swig is a guessing game.

If Emma did crash a fighter jet I would assume it would be on purpose as a Kamikaze gift to the world to rid it of a great evil.

Putin ?
The people who make bovril ?
And people of that ilk (Piers Morgan)

Iga Swiatek had two major injuries and two moments of complete oncourt meltdowns and turned out ok

Emma will be OK

Thank you for the welcomes
I like your name and the idea of the guessing game. I like to swig chocolate milkshake!

Reactions: aca99da

·
Registered
177 Posts
No cheering for 5h. I cannot let that happen :hehehe: . Here is a reminder where Emma-mania really started - Wimbledon 2021. The bagel Emma delivered in R1 raised few eyebrows but it was R2 where I think the world discovered Emma and R3 that made her a star. Here is the R2 press conf transcript:
https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2021-07-01/2021-07-02_emma_raducanu_second_round.html
I am sure most of view saw the interview (if anybody has the video I would really love to see it), but I could only find the transcript. I still find it very interesting. So young, so promising, not so different from today but nobody (Emma included) had the faintest idea what was yet to come. To cite Emma, Yeah...

·
Registered
203 Posts
That was an interesting read thanks 😊

This struck me when Emma talks of people watching her last year: Also a few people I've known over the years that have helped me and my tennis, Jenna Donohue, she's played a big part in my career.

We’ve heard about and from lots of people involved with Emma, but not about her before. I don’t recall any mention of her in the book about Emma.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That was an interesting read thanks 😊

This struck me when Emma talks of people watching her last year: Also a few people I've known over the years that have helped me and my tennis, Jenna Donohue, she's played a big part in my career.

We’ve heard about and from lots of people involved with Emma, but not about her before. I don’t recall any mention of her in the book about Emma.
Haha, good catch - one of the reasons I thought it is the right moment to post this. The correct name is Jane O'Donoghue but close enough for a transcription.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What strikes me is that she always sounds exactly the same, no matter how unknown or celebrated she is, whether she’s doing a post match presser or doing a short movie about her life. She’s just so down to earth, level headed, confident but also modest, genuine. It’s really interesting that she’s able to do that. Also the journalists are always baiting her with questions that relate to very human emotions, but she’s just not having any of it, always turning it to an angle she prefers to look at things. I think it also shows that she will not be swayed when it comes to her approach to coaching. She will just do things her way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What strikes me is that she always sounds exactly the same, no matter how unknown or celebrated she is, whether she’s doing a post match presser or doing a short movie about her life. She’s just so down to earth, level headed, confident but also modest, genuine. It’s really interesting that she’s able to do that. Also the journalists are always baiting her with questions that relate to very human emotions, but she’s just not having any of it, always turning it to an angle she prefers to look at things. I think it also shows that she will not be swayed when it comes to her approach to coaching. She will just do things her way.
Very well said.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Hi folks! Even though I am not an official member here I like to stop by and give my support to all the fans of Emma. Let's hope she does extremely well, and everyone is happy with her results.

Oh, btw, there's this Italian chick named Camilla Giorgi, check her out, she can't serve but she looks great!:ROFLMAO:

Go Emma!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hi folks! Even though I am not an official member here I like to stop by and give my support to all the fans of Emma. Let's hope she does extremely well, and everyone is happy with her results.

Oh, btw, there's this Italian chick named Camilla Giorgi, check her out, she can't serve but she looks great!:ROFLMAO:

Go Emma!
Thanks for your support!
I like Camila (although I like Emma more ;) ). She had a good run to the SF in Eastbourne for sure :)

About Emma I wouldn’t expect much from her this Wimbledon because sadly she’s injured…but who knows…

·
Registered
4,046 Posts

Go Emma!
Thanks Ellentonboy 🙂

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Some Polish posters on GM seem to be quite interested in starting threads related to Emma/British players...wonder why :unsure: :unsure: ?
If you're referring to the thread by Guitarra, I wouldn't worry, he/she's a pretty chill dude, and one of the more reasonable Polish posters on TF.

An early bath for Iga at Wimbledon though and most of them will magically disappear for a couple of weeks.

7481 - 7500 of 7565 Posts