Tennis Forum banner
2201 - 2220 of 2593 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh I’m surprised she stayed a couple extra days in CA instead of heading home or to Moscow. But she does list traveling as one of the reasons for wanting to be a tennis pro. Once she’s been everywhere once she’ll probably do less sight seeing. Lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Oh I’m surprised she stayed a couple extra days in CA instead of heading home or to Moscow. But she does list traveling as one of the reasons for wanting to be a tennis pro. Once she’s been everywhere once she’ll probably do less sight seeing. Lol
Thats why I was guessing she is going to Moscow, if wanting to go home she would of left quicker is my guess ? Also a good sign she is well and not needing parental comforting.

There is direct 12 hr flights to London or Moscow from LA, wonder where she will go ?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Thats why I was guessing she is going to Moscow, if wanting to go home she would of left quicker is my guess ? Also a good sign she is well and not needing parental comforting.

There is direct 12 hr flights to London or Moscow from LA, wonder where she will go ?
I doubt there'd be much point going back to UK just for a few days and back out to Moscow. My guess is she'll probably head straight over to Moscow now, do a bit of sight-seeing, have a bunch of practice sessions on the courts there, and try and acclimatise to the different court and venue conditions. Hopefully her physio will fly out and be with her next week. She could do with the extra moral support for someone she obviously gets on with with and trusts.

Anyone have a player entry list for Moscow? ... and any idea when the draw will be made?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I doubt there'd be much point going back to UK just for a few days and back out to Moscow. My guess is she'll probably head straight over to Moscow now, do a bit of sight-seeing, have a bunch of practice sessions on the courts there, and try and acclimatise to the different court and venue conditions. Hopefully her physio will fly out and be with her next week. She could do with the extra moral support for someone she obviously gets on with with and trusts.

Anyone have a player entry list for Moscow? ... and any idea when the draw will be made?
https://www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/women/moscow Draw should be out on saturday I guess

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know we've rightly moved on now, but I've come to a conclusion on why thise commentators were making crappy comments about emma.

My guess is that they know that Richardson wasnt give any kind of bonus or whatever and was just told to sling his hook. If that's the case then it wouldn't justify taking pot shots at an 18 year old, but it would arguably explain why the GB tennis circle has an issue with her team/dad.

I support Emma too, but people need to be treated decently or it isn't going to go down well.

Anyway. Hope she's back and smashing it in Moscow next week. Good to see her looking happy at the skate park.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

There is a 10 hour time difference and it starts in 6 days, so I would not be surprised if she is already there as 10 hours is a big adjustment.

I noticed her instagram is updated a few days late to keep press off the scent, so my guess is the post pictures were a few days old and she is already there

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah I am slightly surprised she stayed in the US to be honest. Perhaps she did it for the travelling, or possibly she felt she wanted to take a few days to clear her head after the disappointment. Or maybe she simply wanted to avoid the British press stalking her back in the UK and has decided to travel directly to Moscow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
There is a 10 hour time difference and it starts in 6 days, so I would not be surprised if she is already there as 10 hours is a big adjustment.

I noticed her instagram is updated a few days late to keep press off the scent, so my guess is the post pictures were a few days old and she is already there
Sound point. You could be right.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I know we've rightly moved on now, but I've come to a conclusion on why thise commentators were making crappy comments about emma.

My guess is that they know that Richardson wasnt give any kind of bonus or whatever and was just told to sling his hook. If that's the case then it wouldn't justify taking pot shots at an 18 year old, but it would arguably explain why the GB tennis circle has an issue with her team/dad.

I support Emma too, but people need to be treated decently or it isn't going to go down well.

Anyway. Hope she's back and smashing it in Moscow next week. Good to see her looking happy at the skate park.
I have no idea to be honest. I'll be patiently waiting for the Andrew Richardson autobiography though. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
Lovely! Cheers.

So she's not seeded within the top 8 and will therefore play in the 1st round, unless there's a couple of late withdraws due to injuries or having a good run at IW?

Jabeur, Kerber, and Bencic still might pull out depending.
She'd need to be in the top 4 to get a bye, so almost no chance of that, although a potential 5-8 seeding would still be decent as it would mean she couldn't play anyone higher ranked until at least the QF, whereas at the moment, she could face a Rybakina or someone in R1.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think people are reading too much into what Anne Keothavong said on commentary and into the coaching situation with Richardson in general. Sometimes it's best not to over speculate about how these coaching relationships pan out unless one of them themselves says something in detail. I guess speculating is a thing to do on a forum but I wouldn't be worried about her losing one match as she is so inexperienced playing on different surfaces and needs to learn how to produce her best form consistently. I'm sure she'll be careful in picking her next coach as she and her family have been so far. There should be plenty of options for her which is a good thing.

·
Registered
20,617 Posts
I think people are reading too much into what Anne Keothavong said on commentary and into the coaching situation with Richardson in general. Sometimes it's best not to over speculate about how these coaching relationships pan out unless one of them themselves says something in detail. I guess speculating is a thing to do on a forum but I wouldn't be worried about her losing one match as she is so inexperienced playing on different surfaces and needs to learn how to produce her best form consistently. I'm sure she'll be careful in picking her next coach as she and her family have been so far. There should be plenty of options for her which is a good thing.
Yes but it is because it is over the top from people who (should) know better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
She'd need to be in the top 4 to get a bye, so almost no chance of that, although a potential 5-8 seeding would still be decent as it would mean she couldn't play anyone higher ranked until at least the QF, whereas at the moment, she could face a Rybakina or someone in R1.
Now that you mention it, the main draw is 28 players strong, so that would make sense. 24 players in the 1st round, with 12 going through the 2nd round along with the 4 top seeds to create a last 16.

Yes, an easier first round would be preferable, but perhaps she'd prefer to face players ranked higher than her right now, to take a little of the expectation and pressure off her shoulders.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't think there is anyone in that player list that is really important to avoid.
they are all about the same.
maybe Mugu or Pav.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I don't think there is anyone in that player list that is really important to avoid.
they are all about the same.
maybe Mugu or Pav.
Not anyone she couldn't beat if she played well, for sure, especially on faster hard court surfaces.

2201 - 2220 of 2593 Posts