Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 6195 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
47,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is meant for live commentary and discussions during Emma's matches. Similar to the live commentary thread in GM, but as a space for just Emma's Empire of course. That way, our hundreds of posts of match commentary (the vast majority of which are things like "nice serve!" or "why did Emma hit that ball right back to her opponent") don't need to clog up more general discussions in other threads.

In case anyone does want to archive these discussions and/or look back at them some day, I'm going to try to keep records of which matches cover which parts of the thread.

Indian Wells 2022
R3 vs. Petra MARTIĆ
(first match for which this thread existed): Posts 18-456; pages 1-23

Miami 2022
R2 vs. Katerina SINIAKOVÁ
: Posts 481-970ish; pages 25-49

Billie Jean King Cup 2022: Qualifiers vs. Czech Republic
Day 1 vs. Tereza MARTINCOVÁ
: Posts 1020-1209; pages 51-61
Day 2 vs. Markéta VONDROUŠOVÁ : Posts 1210-1311is; pages 61-66

Stuttgart 2022
R1 vs. Storm SANDERS
: Posts 1349-1530ish; pages 68-77
R2 vs. Tamara KORPATSCH : Posts 1548-1790; pages 78-90
QF vs. Iga ŚWIĄTEK : Posts 1795-2135; pages 90-107

Madrid 2022
R1 vs. Tereza MARTINCOVÁ
: Posts 2139-2399ish; pages 107-120
R2 vs. Marta KOSTYUK : Posts 2405-2658; pages 121-133

·
Registered
36,841 Posts
I agree this is a good thread IGOAT. I found it a bit stressful having to flit between Emma’s cheering thread and her IW thread - I don’t like to miss a thing!

I’ll sleep well tonight after that.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yeah good idea

Reactions: Nor

·
Registered
Team Vika
47,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't really understand these livescoring threads... I mean we might miss one second of Emma action, and then at the changeover we might miss one second of banana-munching :unsure:
It's true that the threads often do distract me from some of what's happening. But imo it's more fun to watch when I can talk about it and see other reactions.

·
Registered
36,841 Posts
It's true that the threads often do distract me from some of what's happening. But imo it's more fun to watch when I can talk about it and see other reactions.
I like to watch live tennis and comment on it here at the same time - I feel I can multitask this. I’ve had many years of experience lol.

·
Registered
Team Vika
47,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the cheering thread is for in-match cheering and the tournament threads are more for general Emma tournament news. But it doesn't really matter as long as everyone is happy. :D
I see it as cheering thread for general discussion about Emma that continues throughout her career and between tournaments etc, tournament threads for news and updates related to that specific tournament, then livescore threads for commentary during matches. Personally I like to catch up on everything that happens in the cheering and tournament threads (important updates), but don't want to weed through all the match commentary if I miss it because it's mostly just stuff like "ah I'm so nervous" or "great backhand" etc. But really up to you guys; I'm a newbie to this forum...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I see it as cheering thread for general discussion about Emma that continues throughout her career and between tournaments etc, tournament threads for news and updates related to that specific tournament, then livescore threads for commentary during matches. Personally I like to catch up on everything that happens in the cheering and tournament threads (important updates), but don't want to weed through all the match commentary if I miss it because it's mostly just stuff like "ah I'm so nervous" or "great backhand" etc. But really up to you guys; I'm a newbie to this forum...
You make a lot of sense!

Reactions: Nor

·
Registered
496 Posts
confused
Nose Beak Smile Gesture Happy
Nose Head Smile Chin Happy

·
Registered
36,841 Posts
I need to find a way to stop being so anxious before Emma matches, this isn't healthy :lol2:
It’s just over 15 minutes until they walk on the court. Sweaty palms?

1 - 20 of 6195 Posts