Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ok I guess we now have a tennis competition at the met gala.
EMMA is there too. oh well
I guess its something special for a young women.
They must have changed her schedule.
The last thing I heard was that she is going home.
Just just hope someone dresses her really well In an elegant style.
I want her to look better than the others except sharpie I guess

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
ESPN TV ratings for the 1/2:

Thursday -> Women's 1/2 - 0.21 demo and 1.455 million viewers.
Friday -> Djokovic-Zverev - 0.34 demo and 1.759 million viewers.

The ratings for the finals are coming up tomorrow.

As expected, nothing spectacular for either, though I don't know last year's ratings. Of course the women's semis went against Cowboys/Bucs so I'm curious to see the ratings for the final.

·
Milk and honey
4,286 Posts
Leylah gets invited but not Djokovic? haha

burn
I mean, it was revealed you needed to be vaccinated to attend, so….🤭

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
ESPN TV ratings for the 1/2:

Thursday -> Women's 1/2 - 0.21 demo and 1.455 million viewers.
Friday -> Djokovic-Zverev - 0.34 demo and 1.759 million viewers.

The ratings for the finals are coming up tomorrow.

that SF ratings for Women's SF is fairly impressive considering it clashed against NFL opening game of the season

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Well that sounds better than it really is, so basically 3rd out of 7, and one was a battle of veteran Italians with very little casual appeal. I guess it did well to beat the all American one from 2017, and Osaka vs Vika has 2 big names, although the lack of fans last year may have put a fair few off watching on TV, especially casual fans.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Also, doesn't the time for when the final starts vary each year? It's not always a 2pm start like Wimbledon is for example.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Also, doesn't the time for when the final starts vary each year? It's not always a 2pm start like Wimbledon is for example.
It's been 4pm local for at least the past 5 versions. Can't remember Kerber vs Pliskova, but possibly all 7 versions on ESPN were at that time? Others will know a lot more, but from Keys-Stephens onwards, they were all 9pm here (which I think is a great time).

·
Registered
15,197 Posts
I was totally oblivious about this MET Gala thing since recently but it is supposedly hold only once every year according to wikipedia. If it is then how Osaka could attend it / host it multiple times in one year? :unsure:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
They drew more US viewers than an ATP all time great trying to complete a CYGS, huh? Iconic.

And so many on here were saying that this final is a disaster for the WTA, and that the end is neigh.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It's been 4pm local for at least the past 5 versions. Can't remember Kerber vs Pliskova, but possibly all 7 versions on ESPN were at that time? Others will know a lot more, but from Keys-Stephens onwards, they were all 9pm here (which I think is a great time).
I don't know why, but I always thought Naomi/Serena was a night match... at least it felt like one.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I was totally oblivious about this MET Gala thing since recently but it is supposedly hold only once every year according to wikipedia. If it is then how Osaka could attend it / host it multiple times in one year? :unsure:
She didn't.
It's usually held in May, but pushed back this year because of COVID and to coincide with New York fashion week.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
I don't know why, but I always thought Naomi/Serena was a night match... at least it felt like one.
Na, defo 9pm UK. I've just looked at YouTube on the full match replays, seeing the clock, and Pliskova vs Kerber was 4pm local as well, so the last 6 in a row at that time, but Vinci-Pennetta was 3pm local.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Well that sounds better than it really is, so basically 3rd out of 7, and one was a battle of veteran Italians with very little casual appeal. I guess it did well to beat the all American one from 2017, and Osaka vs Vika has 2 big names, although the lack of fans last year may have put a fair few off watching on TV, especially casual fans.
Serena is still by far the biggest name in US market..it's hard for a non-Serena final to top ratings of final involving Serena as she attracts audience who don't watch much tennis outside Serena....with her going for history in 2018, 2019, it's not a surprise that those finals are the highest rated finals in recent years.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts